Guest finding*my*way

Why Are Molokans Required To Pay Church Dues?

Guest finding*my*way

I have been wondering for awhile why my family has to pay church dues. I have been told its to keep the lights on, etc. but I do not believe it. Every few years, it keeps on going up. Some of the churches in So. Cal have moved and now require their members to pay for the church renovations too. Then, if you are not current and want or need to make a doing at church, you need to pay up first. I have been wondering why I have been paying for a membership where I get nothing out of it. One church sent their members a letter saying that they wanted to proceed with the renovations next spring and that if you have not contributed monies towards the project, you were not doing the Lord's work (this particular church has sent unkind letters in past as well). Another time at the same church, after everyone put money on the table, the elders said it was not enough. Everyone had to go out again to put more money on the table.

Do they know or take into consideration that many of us have had our hours at work cut back or we have lost our jobs??? I never heard that paying monies to the church was required to do the Lord's work. I am still trying to understand the idea of offerings to the church and tithes to God. How much is too little, too much??? How high will the church dues be raised??? Many of us are struggling to pay the dues as it is. From what I have learned about Christianity, this does not feel very christian to me. Especially when the church names have Christian in their name.....

Good Morning:

There is Biblical precedence to "tithe" or give a portion of your income to the work of the Lord

The "tithe" or 10% is not based upon what the Church "needs" but based upon you ability to give

The widow gave all she had. It was only two mites

She was not thrown out because she did not give the "right" amount

Jesus called the disciples to observe her act of giving. Not because of the amount. She gave all she had without being forced

1 ¶ While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people putting their gifts into the collection box.

2 Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two pennies.

3 "I assure you," he said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.

4 For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has." (Luke 21:1-4)

Therefore you are correct in your observation regarding "church dues". It's not in the Bible

A couple of caveats regarding giving

Firstly, my God, the God of the Bible IS NOT broke and DOES NOT need your offerings.

10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.

11 Every bird of the mountains and all the animals of the field belong to me.

12 If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.

13 I don't need the bulls you sacrifice; I don't need the blood of goats.

14 What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High.

15 Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." (Psalm 50:10-15)

He created everything. The idea of television preachers or cults saying we need your money or we'll go out of "business" is GARBAGE

15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.

16 Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.

17 He existed before everything else began, and he holds all creation together.

18 Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the first of all who will rise from the dead, so he is first in everything. (Colossians 1:15-18)

If the Lord leads, He will provide. If the Lord is not the center of the ministry, man will NEED to self-promote to fund their "little empire"

Perhaps the ministry started out with the right intentions but has turned into a exercise in "self-will" apart from God.

God is not into funding cults powered by self-effort

1 ¶ Oh, foolish Galatians! What magician has cast an evil spell on you? For you used to see the meaning of Jesus Christ's death as clearly as though I had shown you a signboard with a picture of Christ dying on the cross.

2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by keeping the law? Of course not, for the Holy Spirit came upon you only after you believed the message you heard about Christ.

3 Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

4 You have suffered so much for the Good News. Surely it was not in vain, was it? Are you now going to just throw it all away?

5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law of Moses? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. (Galatians 3:1-5)

They will veil their "needs" in spiritual terms but, as I already indicated, God IS NOT broke so those men are playing upon your "duty" or "obligation" to give

The "check" in you Spirit is telling you something

Frankly, if you don't feel lead to give...DON'T!

The Bible wants you to give as you have purposed (in advance) and be happy to give

1 ¶ I really don't need to write to you about this gift for the Christians in Jerusalem.

2 For I know how eager you are to help, and I have been boasting to our friends in Macedonia that you Christians in Greece were ready to send an offering a year ago. In fact, it was your enthusiasm that stirred up many of them to begin helping.

3 But I am sending these brothers just to be sure that you really are ready, as I told them you would be, with your money all collected. I don't want it to turn out that I was wrong in my boasting about you.

4 I would be humiliated--and so would you--if some Macedonian Christians came with me, only to find that you still weren't ready after all I had told them!

5 So I thought I should send these brothers ahead of me to make sure the gift you promised is ready. But I want it to be a willing gift, not one given under pressure.

6 ¶ Remember this--a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.

7 You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully.

8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. (2 Corinthians 9:1-8)

If I may be so frank, perhaps it's not the giving but what your are giving to that is the problem

If you feel your money is being wasted of funding the efforts of men, DO NOT GIVE

The Church we attend is embarking on a building project that will be in the millions of dollars.

NO ONE will be asked to fund it. There will not be bake sales, rummage sales, "special dues" or the like

If the Lord leads, the Lord will provide... PERIOD

In addition, many Churches, including our, does not have ANY membership "dues" fees, taxes, surcharges etc...

You show up and get fed for free. If, at some point, you fell lead to give you can. If not, you are not required in any way, shape or form.

1 ¶ "Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink--even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk--it's all free!

2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen, and I will tell you where to get food that is good for the soul! (Isaiah 55:1-2)

The question applies to all... Why spend your money on anything, including a "ministry" that does not bring life or help your Spiritual well-being?

There is no need to fund ventures that are not of God

If you get thrown out for not funding their "ministry" a.k.a. cult, consider yourself blessed and be encouraged

There are plenty of real Churches who teach the Bible for free without strings

Maybe it's time for a change

Guest finding*my*way

Seeking...Thank you for your reply on the tithes with the biblical scriptures to back it up. That helps to clear a few things up for me. Being a molokan, church dues are a way of life. No way out of them except to pay because, they just keep adding up. And the members at the churches that have moved, have a $5,000 or more bill added on to the tally in addition to the dues. Being a closed door church, that is their only recourse. Even if a member went to another molokan church, you still need to pay a huge fee to "join". Either way you are between a rock and a hard place. If I was getting what I need in terms of spiritual food, I would give what I can. But when the elders just say you need to pay, I would like to know for what.

In terms of getting nothing out of our membership, let me explain. The past few years, God has been touching my heart. I would goto my molokan church, but feel nothing is gained. We do not go every week, so when we do go, NO one says anything to us. No "happy to see you", no welcome whatsoever. When we work in the kitchen, some of the people have been mean to us. Even our kids have had rude things said to them by adults and kids alike. Then add in the language barrier. So why are we still going?? I thought, maybe if we go more often, take the kids to Sunday School, be a better member or Christian, things would change. Maybe I would get more out of church. My husband pointed out what would change??? The people??? My heart??? Then I realize I am back at square one.......I look at the kids at the church and what we have all been taught regarding "outsiders". Growing up as a molokan was very lonely. I don't think I want that for my kids as that is not right. There are lots of Good Christian people in this world, I'm pretty sure that God will not let his people fall by the wayside if they are not the "chosen" ones. Jesus preached to all people. We all have a chance for salvation if we just ask.....

With lots of late nights researching on the computer, reading what I have at home about MGR, reading about our church proceedures, I am questioning alot of things about the religion I never dreamed I would. I know God is guiding me and I need to listen. Unfortunately, it is not towards the Molokan church. That in itself is very scary. But the most scary thing is if I do not heed God's calling and follow him. It feels like jumping off a cliff with nothing to catch you. I have to jump on Faith that God will catch me and my family. I have cried lots of tears and praying as I still am trying to find the answers.....

Good Morning:

There is Biblical precedence to "tithe" or give a portion of your income to the work of the Lord

The "tithe" or 10% is not based upon what the Church "needs" but based upon you ability to give

Jesus called the disciples to observe her act of giving. Not because of the amount. She gave all she had without being forced

1 ¶ While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people putting their gifts into the collection box.

3 "I assure you," he said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.

4 For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has." (Luke 21:1-4)

Therefore you are correct in your observation regarding "church dues". It's not in the Bible

Firstly, my God, the God of the Bible IS NOT broke and DOES NOT need your offerings.

10 For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills.

12 If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you, for all the world is mine and everything in it.

14 What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High.

15 Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." (Psalm 50:10-15)

He created everything. The idea of television preachers or cults saying we need your money or we'll go out of "business" is GARBAGE

15 Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation.

16 Christ is the one through whom God created everything in heaven and earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can't see--kings, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities. Everything has been created through him and for him.

18 Christ is the head of the church, which is his body. He is the first of all who will rise from the dead, so he is first in everything. (Colossians 1:15-18)

If the Lord leads, He will provide. If the Lord is not the center of the ministry, man will NEED to self-promote to fund their "little empire"

Perhaps the ministry started out with the right intentions but has turned into a exercise in "self-will" apart from God.

1 ¶ Oh, foolish Galatians! What magician has cast an evil spell on you? For you used to see the meaning of Jesus Christ's death as clearly as though I had shown you a signboard with a picture of Christ dying on the cross.

2 Let me ask you this one question: Did you receive the Holy Spirit by keeping the law? Of course not, for the Holy Spirit came upon you only after you believed the message you heard about Christ.

3 Have you lost your senses? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

4 You have suffered so much for the Good News. Surely it was not in vain, was it? Are you now going to just throw it all away?

5 I ask you again, does God give you the Holy Spirit and work miracles among you because you obey the law of Moses? Of course not! It is because you believe the message you heard about Christ. (Galatians 3:1-5)

They will veil their "needs" in spiritual terms but, as I already indicated, God IS NOT broke so those men are playing upon your "duty" or "obligation" to give

The Bible wants you to give as you have purposed (in advance) and be happy to give

1 ¶ I really don't need to write to you about this gift for the Christians in Jerusalem.

2 For I know how eager you are to help, and I have been boasting to our friends in Macedonia that you Christians in Greece were ready to send an offering a year ago. In fact, it was your enthusiasm that stirred up many of them to begin helping.

3 But I am sending these brothers just to be sure that you really are ready, as I told them you would be, with your money all collected. I don't want it to turn out that I was wrong in my boasting about you.

4 I would be humiliated--and so would you--if some Macedonian Christians came with me, only to find that you still weren't ready after all I had told them!

5 So I thought I should send these brothers ahead of me to make sure the gift you promised is ready. But I want it to be a willing gift, not one given under pressure.

6 ¶ Remember this--a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.

7 You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Don't give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves the person who gives cheerfully.

8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others. (2 Corinthians 9:1-8)

If I may be so frank, perhaps it's not the giving but what your are giving to that is the problem

If you feel your money is being wasted of funding the efforts of men, DO NOT GIVE

The Church we attend is embarking on a building project that will be in the millions of dollars.

NO ONE will be asked to fund it. There will not be bake sales, rummage sales, "special dues" or the like

In addition, many Churches, including our, does not have ANY membership "dues" fees, taxes, surcharges etc...

You show up and get fed for free. If, at some point, you fell lead to give you can. If not, you are not required in any way, shape or form.

1 ¶ "Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink--even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk--it's all free!

2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength? Why pay for food that does you no good? Listen, and I will tell you where to get food that is good for the soul! (Isaiah 55:1-2)

The question applies to all... Why spend your money on anything, including a "ministry" that does not bring life or help your Spiritual well-being?

If you get thrown out for not funding their "ministry" a.k.a. cult, consider yourself blessed and be encouraged

Whoever you are I will pray for you and your family. God knows and I do pray that you and your husband are united on this.

You will not be left alone, God will provide a community for you, more than you ever imagined. The bonds that Christian's share is a blood boughten relationship. Bought by the Blood of Jesus.

If you are in the Southern California area, I can recommend you a Church and give you one of the Pastor's names to see when you go.

Seeking...Thank you for your reply on the tithes with the biblical scriptures to back it up. That helps to clear a few things up for me. Being a molokan, church dues are a way of life. No way out of them except to pay because, they just keep adding up. And the members at the churches that have moved, have a $5,000 or more bill added on to the tally in addition to the dues. Being a closed door church, that is their only recourse. Even if a member went to another molokan church, you still need to pay a huge fee to "join". Either way you are between a rock and a hard place. If I was getting what I need in terms of spiritual food, I would give what I can. But when the elders just say you need to pay, I would like to know for what.

In terms of getting nothing out of our membership, let me explain. The past few years, God has been touching my heart. I would goto my molokan church, but feel nothing is gained. We do not go every week, so when we do go, NO one says anything to us. No "happy to see you", no welcome whatsoever. When we work in the kitchen, some of the people have been mean to us. Even our kids have had rude things said to them by adults and kids alike. Then add in the language barrier. So why are we still going?? I thought, maybe if we go more often, take the kids to Sunday School, be a better member or Christian, things would change. Maybe I would get more out of church. My husband pointed out what would change??? The people??? My heart??? Then I realize I am back at square one.......I look at the kids at the church and what we have all been taught regarding "outsiders". Growing up as a molokan was very lonely. I don't think I want that for my kids as that is not right. There are lots of Good Christian people in this world, I'm pretty sure that God will not let his people fall by the wayside if they are not the "chosen" ones. Jesus preached to all people. We all have a chance for salvation if we just ask.....

With lots of late nights researching on the computer, reading what I have at home about MGR, reading about our church proceedures, I am questioning alot of things about the religion I never dreamed I would. I know God is guiding me and I need to listen. Unfortunately, it is not towards the Molokan church. That in itself is very scary. But the most scary thing is if I do not heed God's calling and follow him. It feels like jumping off a cliff with nothing to catch you. I have to jump on Faith that God will catch me and my family. I have cried lots of tears and praying as I still am trying to find the answers.....

Good Morning:

And, even if they were preaching The Gospel, spending $5,000 to remodel a building to make it more "molokan" is a waste of money. Use that money to support Mission's or give it to a Local Church that supports the spread of The Gospel.

Sending $5,000 to support a building that does nothing in the community they are in, is a huge waste.

NO one says anything to us. No "happy to see you", no welcome whatsoever. When we work in the kitchen, some of the people have been mean to us. Even our kids have had rude things said to them by adults and kids alike.

You and your husband, being ignored and being treated in mean manner, of course is inexcusable. This is expecially true of your children, whose expectations of adults in a Church context, should be of kindness and the love of Christ that He commands of His followers, which they obviously are ignoring, is what disturbs me the most. Do you have friends at other Molokan churches that say they are getting the same type of treatment?

Being aware of the false teachings of mgr, makes you someone I personally would hold in high regard. I am very close to loved ones who attend non-Molokan Bible Believing Churches and I am well aware of the joy that they receive from them. At the very least, being lead in that direction is not something that I can discourage you and your husband from praying about and considering. Have you tried making the UMCA a bigger part of your Spiritual life or have you already encountered these same type of problems there?

lastinline (& staying ahead)

UMCA?

For what?

I CANNOT agree with that In ANY WAY

UMCA is cult light and that is it

Find a BIBLE ONLY teaching Church and go there

Once you do, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner

NO one says anything to us. No "happy to see you", no welcome whatsoever. When we work in the kitchen, some of the people have been mean to us. Even our kids have had rude things said to them by adults and kids alike.

You and your husband, being ignored and being treated in mean manner, of course is inexcusable. This is expecially true of your children, whose expectations of adults in a Church context, should be of kindness and the love of Christ that He commands of His followers, which they obviously are ignoring, is what disturbs me the most. Do you have friends at other Molokan churches that say they are getting the same type of treatment?

Being aware of the false teachings of mgr, makes you someone I personally would hold in high regard. I am very close to loved ones who attend non-Molokan Bible Believing Churches and I am well aware of the joy that they receive from them. At the very least, being lead in that direction is not something that I can discourage you and your husband from praying about and considering. Have you tried making the UMCA a bigger part of your Spiritual life or have you already encountered these same type of problems there?

I ask this little question with no actionable advice, "Have you tried making the UMCA a bigger part of your Spiritual life or have you already encountered these same type of problems there"? And, this is your response? You seem a little fast on the trigger to me? I'd like her possibly personal informed response to how the UMCA is currently doing. No harm, no foul, wouldn't you say?

UMCA?

For what?

lastinline (yea, just wondering?)

I ask this little question with no actionable advice, "Have you tried making the UMCA a bigger part of your Spiritual life or have you already encountered these same type of problems there"? And, this is your response? You seem a little fast on the trigger to me? I'd like her possibly personal informed response to how the UMCA is currently doing. No harm, no foul, wouldn't you say?

UMCA?

For what?

I agree with Seeking on this one. Lastinline, possibly that would have been a great suggestion 15-20 years ago.

The UMCA is still not a Church. The New Testament believers were always connected to a Church, where the Word of God was taught (Acts 2), and where there are Biblically based elders, followers of Jesus Christ leading the flock.

Who's authority are you under when you go to the Molokan church, the UMCA, a Maximist Molokan only Bible study??? You are placing yourself under the authority of men who believe and propogate heretical beliefs that are contrary to The Gospel.

I will add that I have recently attended the Grace for Hurting Hearts up here in Fresno and this is a good place to fellowship, study in an environment where all are welcomed and where I had good fellowship with other brothers & sisters there.

Still, even that is not a Church.

You need to be in a Bible Based Church, where you are looked after by God Appointed Elders, and you will grow in The Lord, Glorify and Worship Him.

Guest finding*my*way

Stevepiv.....Thank you for telling your story on the other thread. We all have a story to tell and no two are the same as is all of our journeys. But the end result is the same......a closer relationship with God thru Jesus Christ. Thank you for praying for my family and I. We are in the so.cal. area and will keep your offer in consideration. My husband and I are united on this. As I am more spiritual than he, I am the shepherd leading our family. He has said he will go where I go. I am looking into bible based churches in our area as we both need a break from our molokan church and are undecided. Truthfully, I know there is no middle ground. That is what's so hard. We can stay between a rock and a hard place getting nothing out of church, no spiritual food, being treated badly, russian only, having to pay huge fees to the church that we cannot afford or support, worrying about the Nenash(my husband hates that word) ways, etc. Or finding a new church, getting fed God's word, no care to what we wear, no language barrier (huge for my family as we don't know the russian language), wanting to goto church, being welcomed and accepted, no fees. Sounds like an easy decision, but it isn't as being a molokan is all we have ever known.

Lastinline.....a long time ago, things at our church were not always this way for us. Due to our work schedule and the distance we live, it is not always possible to goto church and help when we are supposed to. So we do not always go regularly. We try to go when we can. Then the past few years, things changed. Now some may say that is because we don't go all the time. To me, it does not matter if i see someone once a month or once a year. You still treat them the same, that is the christian thing to do. There is no excuse for anyone to treat my children that way. We do not get the same treatment when we goto other churches. The few friends we have at other churches are not treated in that manner.

Regarding the UMCA, I agree with Stevepiv and Seeking. Back in the day, the UMCA was a great place for Sunday School (lots of people went), showers, and there was Lots of fun things for the kids......skatenight, broomball, enchilada nite, teen night, etc. Now all I know about is showers, sports night fridays , sunday school (from what I have heard, not many people show up) and that's about it. Not much for the kids anymore. When we do go for a few functions, though, we are not treated that way either. We have talked about taking the kids to sunday school, but he is not really supportive as his parents made him go all the time. Even though he went, he does not have a personal relationship with God. I worry about him and his salvation. Then I have to question the teachings we have there....I would think they are indoctinating the kids and youth of the Molokan traditions and ways. As I learned of the false teachings of MGR, and that all our church proceedures are based on the S&L book, the songs we sing with MGR references, I am left with alot of questions about how we are to raise our kids. Do we want to teach them that way and to keep the molokan traditions alive and kicking??? I just don't see a future like that. Another thing that I do not agree with is having no choices....being born and dieing in the faith, the clothes we wear, who we can marry, the type of wedding dress we can wear, veil or paviaska, no outsiders allowed. Ask no questions, just go along with the program, everything will be just fine. If we close our eyes to the problems the molokan community faces, they will not exist. I am tired of being told what to do, how to think. I want my children to be free to make decisions that are right for them and marry who God chooses for them. What if they marry in the faith and see the light many years later??? What then???

Seeking....thanks for your reply. You are right on!!! :)

You have to be kidding (yourself)

I'm shocked and disappointed ANYONE who calls upon Jesus as Lord and Savior could direct ANYONE to the cult of molokanism..Period

You are still trying to meld the two worlds and you will find, if you are honest, it will not work

There is no middle ground

If you were regularly attending a Bible only teaching Church you could not have, in good conscience, said such

Waiting for "change" in a cult is ridiculous.

There is NO SPIRITUAL BENEFIT in regularly attending a cult or cult association as "church"

UMCA?

For what?

Stevepiv.....Thank you for telling your story on the other thread. We all have a story to tell and no two are the same as is all of our journeys. But the end result is the same......a closer relationship with God thru Jesus Christ. Thank you for praying for my family and I. We are in the so.cal. area and will keep your offer in consideration. My husband and I are united on this. As I am more spiritual than he, I am the shepherd leading our family. He has said he will go where I go. I am looking into bible based churches in our area as we both need a break from our molokan church and are undecided. Truthfully, I know there is no middle ground. That is what's so hard. We can stay between a rock and a hard place getting nothing out of church, no spiritual food, being treated badly, russian only, having to pay huge fees to the church that we cannot afford or support, worrying about the Nenash(my husband hates that word) ways, etc. Or finding a new church, getting fed God's word, no care to what we wear, no language barrier (huge for my family as we don't know the russian language), wanting to goto church, being welcomed and accepted, no fees. Sounds like an easy decision, but it isn't as being a molokan is all we have ever known.

Lastinline.....a long time ago, things at our church were not always this way for us. Due to our work schedule and the distance we live, it is not always possible to goto church and help when we are supposed to. So we do not always go regularly. We try to go when we can. Then the past few years, things changed. Now some may say that is because we don't go all the time. To me, it does not matter if i see someone once a month or once a year. You still treat them the same, that is the christian thing to do. There is no excuse for anyone to treat my children that way. We do not get the same treatment when we goto other churches. The few friends we have at other churches are not treated in that manner.

Regarding the UMCA, I agree with Stevepiv and Seeking. Back in the day, the UMCA was a great place for Sunday School (lots of people went), showers, and there was Lots of fun things for the kids......skatenight, broomball, enchilada nite, teen night, etc. Now all I know about is showers, sports night fridays , sunday school (from what I have heard, not many people show up) and that's about it. Not much for the kids anymore. When we do go for a few functions, though, we are not treated that way either. We have talked about taking the kids to sunday school, but he is not really supportive as his parents made him go all the time. Even though he went, he does not have a personal relationship with God. I worry about him and his salvation. Then I have to question the teachings we have there....I would think they are indoctinating the kids and youth of the Molokan traditions and ways. As I learned of the false teachings of MGR, and that all our church proceedures are based on the S&L book, the songs we sing with MGR references, I am left with alot of questions about how we are to raise our kids. Do we want to teach them that way and to keep the molokan traditions alive and kicking??? I just don't see a future like that. Another thing that I do not agree with is having no choices....being born and dieing in the faith, the clothes we wear, who we can marry, the type of wedding dress we can wear, veil or paviaska, no outsiders allowed. Ask no questions, just go along with the program, everything will be just fine. If we close our eyes to the problems the molokan community faces, they will not exist. I am tired of being told what to do, how to think. I want my children to be free to make decisions that are right for them and marry who God chooses for them. What if they marry in the faith and see the light many years later??? What then???

Seeking....thanks for your reply. You are right on!!! :)

I will pray for you and your family as well. You are right about one thing, if molokans do not change they will never see the light. I saw the light and decided to follow Christ. I thought I was following Christ before while I was 'acting' molokan. I had a good friend tell me after my wife left me and we were talking on the phone about how the Lord has blessed our lives and how things 'worked out' the way they did to bring us to the point of leaving molokanism. He said molokanism is a performance based faith. You described it perfectly when you broke it down, you have to pay dues to be apart of a church, you have to attend every weekend and wear certain clothes, if the outfits werent so darn expensive you would have more options and maybe be one of the "cool" kids. Its all about rituals and how well you perform them. If you sing off key your looked at a little funny, maybe even told the sing quieter or not at all. (I have seen that happen since I used to sit on the singers side) ..I can go on and on about this but the truth is, its a performance based faith. Now the real question is, and you have been asking yourself for a while now, is why are you still a part of a faith that 'requires' that kind of action on your part? You know what they call work at home schemes that you must pay for first to become a member? a scam.

Theres a book called 'the tipping point', my wife was telling me about it, and its basically a point in time in which a change will happen. Take the Catholic church for example, did you know not that many years ago they used to be a closed church, just like a molokan church. You know what changed? the Catholic church started loosing their members at such a rapid rate that they reached this tipping point and then opened up the church to "outsiders". So now you can convert in and marry out but theres no shunning of members going on. Molokans will reach a tipping point. They are not any different, even if they say so.

By the way, I despise the word, nenash. Its used as a derogatory word. How is that Christian to call someone an outsider? Christ called us all. not just the molokans. even if they say so. :)

I hope and pray that the Lord continues to blesses you in your life and gives you the wisdom to make your choices as they are not always easy ones. I ask that His will is fulfilled in your life and that you find the path you need to be on. I ask that the Lord continue to send you His Holy Spirit so that you may find comfort and wisdom in the situation you are in. Lastly, I ask the Lord to bless both you and your husband to be united on your decision you make together as it will be according to His will in your life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Enlightened

Guest finding*my*way

Seeking, Enlightened, Stevepiv.....

Thanks for all the replys and help you have given. It has been a blessing finding this site. You have given me more help than you know, maybe even to other people just "looking" and not posting. It helps when there are people that actually care and want to help instead of others that don't care at all. There's alot more to read on this site, will keep on reading......blessings to you and your families.

Yes there is quite a bit of content here on this site

Prayerfully consider all that is contained and MAKE SURE you do not take ANYTHING at face value

Crack open a Bible and check it out for yourself

If I may, I had written a little story some found helpful

Click Here - A New Restaurant, All Are Welcomed

Seeking, Enlightened, Stevepiv.....

Thanks for all the replys and help you have given. It has been a blessing finding this site. You have given me more help than you know, maybe even to other people just "looking" and not posting. It helps when there are people that actually care and want to help instead of others that don't care at all. There's alot more to read on this site, will keep on reading......blessings to you and your families.

I have recently moved back to an area where I am within driving distance to Molokan sobrania. Yet because I have not been going, but rather attending and being involved in a non-molokan church, and that I had mentioned that I would consider "marrying out", a number of my family members have categorized me as ne nash and treat me very differently.

They would say that we are both Christians, but they sure don't treat me like a brother in Christ.

There will be challenges to face if you decide to attend another church. You may encounter some aspects of excommunication from the Molokan community. I stuck around because of relatives and a sense of cultural history. After all, my grandfather risked his life and the life of his family to escape communist Russia to come to USA that his family can practice their faith freely. I felt that it would be a slap to his face for choosing another church. However, I believe that he stood for the truth. He respected Christians of all backgrounds. He, being a presvetyer, still allowed friends of other Christian churches into his house to have fellowship with them.

But even if he didn't stand for the truth, I do. It is the truth that sets us free. It is God's grace that brings us into Sonship - into the inheritance of His righteousness through the propitiatory and substitutionary death of Jesus Christ. My performance and rituals mean nothing as I am still in a sinner's body. But it's by His grace alone that I am in fellowship with Him. If I had to continue to do good works and focus on not sinning as my method of salvation, then why did Jesus come to die for them?

However, I believe that he stood for the truth. He respected Christians of all backgrounds. He, being a presvetyer, still allowed friends of other Christian churches into his house to have fellowship with them.

Is it safe to say that your father or mother have strayed from this Biblical concept of fellowship? Just as much of the Molokan leadership has also strayed from standing for Scriptural Truth, sadly, the same can be said of many in the Methodist and Presbyterian Church, although within their confines, are many who have not strayed from Scriptural Truth. Thoughts?

Romans 11:2-4 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, “LORD, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” NKJV

К Римлянам 11:2-4 Не отверг Бог народа Своего, который Он наперед знал. Или не знаете, что говорит Писание в [повествовании об] Илии? как он жалуется Богу на Израиля, говоря: Господи! пророков Твоих убили, жертвенники Твои разрушили; остался я один, и моей души ищут. Что же говорит ему Божеский ответ? Я соблюл Себе семь тысяч человек, которые не преклонили колени перед Ваалом. RSV

lastinline (& without the blindness of the leven of the pharisees)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.