seeking_truth_1

Were Moses, David, Abraham Ne-nash?

Moses married an Ethiopian woman.

Does that negate his prominance in Scripture?

Who truly is "nash"?

What is "nash"?

Then Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married; for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 2 So they said, "Has the Lord indeed spoken only through Moses? Has He not spoken through us also?" And the Lord heard it. 3 (Now the man Moses was very humble, more than all men who were on the face of the earth.)

4 Suddenly the Lord said to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam, "Come out, you three, to the tabernacle of meeting!" So the three came out. 5 Then the Lord came down in the pillar of cloud and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam. And they both went forward. 6 Then He said,

"Hear now My words:

If there is a prophet among you,

I, the Lord, make Myself known to him in a vision;

I speak to him in a dream.

7 Not so with My servant Moses;

He is faithful in all My house.

8 I speak with him face to face,

Even plainly, and not in dark sayings;

And he sees the form of the Lord.

Why then were you not afraid

To speak against My servant Moses?"

9 So the anger of the Lord was aroused against them, and He departed. 10 And when the cloud departed from above the tabernacle, suddenly Miriam became leprous, as white as snow. Then Aaron turned toward Miriam, and there she was, a leper. 11 So Aaron said to Moses, "Oh, my lord! Please do not lay this sin on us, in which we have done foolishly and in which we have sinned. 12 Please do not let her be as one dead, whose flesh is half consumed when he comes out of his mother's womb!" (Numbers 12:1-12 NKJV)

No one ever answered this question....

Next to Abraham, Moses is probably one of the most prominent figures in history of Israel.

How does the "new israel" view moses, seeing he married a "ne-nash"?

Is Moses going to be in Heaven? The only prominance in scripture is God.

Who truly is "nash"?

What is "nash"?

I don't have an answer to this, cause it doesn't matter to me.

Is it ok for you to sin because others choose to do so?

Where are you going with this?

This original post was from a year ago where there were some dialogs regarding "nash" (molokans) and "ne-nash" (the rest of the world)

Group 2 & 3 molokans advocate marrying only "your own"

This is to mean you can marry only ethnic Russian molokans or there will be trouble

If a "prophet" / "elder" was to marry an Ethiopian woman, how long do you think he would hold his "position" in the molokan church?

The simple answer is not long...

Moses was used mightily by God to deliver the Law and bring the Jews out of Egypt

That was what I meant by prominance in Scripture...Nothing to do with Salvation or a persons eternal destination

How do the "new israelites" within the molokan community view Moses?

Was Moses "nash"?

Could he ever have been considered "nash"?

By him taking a non-molokan spouse would that disqualify him from Gods service?

Hope that explains a bit better

Who truly is ?nash??

What is ?nash???

This original post was from a year ago where there were some dialogs regarding "nash" (molokans) and "ne-nash" (the rest of the world)

Group 2 & 3 molokans advocate marrying only "your own"

This is to mean you can marry only ethnic Russian molokans or there will be trouble

If a "prophet" / "elder" was to marry an Ethiopian woman, how long do you think he would hold his "position" in the molokan church?

The simple answer is not long...

Moses was used mightily by God to deliver the Law and bring the Jews out of Egypt

That was what I meant by prominance in Scripture...Nothing to do with Salvation or a persons eternal destination

How do the "new israelites" within the molokan community view Moses?

Was Moses "nash"?

Could he ever have been considered "nash"?

By him taking a non-molokan spouse would that disqualify him from Gods service?

Hope that explains a bit better

Who truly is ?nash??

What is ?nash???

Well I guess, since I'm a "group 1" I can't answer this.......... :lol

Funny you mentioned David in your topic.

As I was listening to my new Pillar CD this morning, I was wondering what the elders would think when I cruz into the church parking lot with it cranked up. Then it came to me.....It's like David dancing, singing, praising God in his own way, a king looking like a nut to others.

Make a joyfull noise unto the Lord...

Bringing it to the top

Can I be ever so blunt as to say that to some in Group 2 and probably all in Group 3, that if they are true to their belief system, they would have to be ne-nash. Right????

I would also like to add this thought. They may not agree, but I feel that this term (ne-nash) could be intended by some to be as hurtfull as the N-word is to a Black person (also created in the image of God).

Any thoughts on this?

last in line

What I don't understand is how some molokans call themselves Christians and that they believe the Bible is the Word of God, yet none of the people contained in the Bible would be welcomed in a molokan church

That makes NO SENSE

Abram - Chaldean

Paul - Jew

Peter - Jew

Titus - Greek

Timothy - Jew/Greek

Jesus would also be "ne-nash" wouldn't He?

Bringing it to the top

Can I be ever so blunt as to say that to some in Group 2 and probably all in Group 3, that if they are true to their belief system, they would have to be ne-nash. Right????

I would also like to add this thought. They may not agree, but I feel that this term (ne-nash) could be intended by some to be as hurtfull as the N-word is to a Black person (also created in the image of God).

Any thoughts on this?

last in line

Would I be able to teach at the #######?

What I don't understand is how some molokans call themselves Christians and that they believe the Bible is the Word of God, yet none of the people contained in the Bible would be welcomed in a molokan church

That makes NO SENSE

Abram - Chaldean

Paul - Jew

Peter - Jew

Titus - Greek

Timothy - Jew/Greek

Bringing it to the top

Any thoughts on this?

last in line

That makes NO SENSE

Abram - Chaldean

Paul - Jew

Peter - Jew

Titus - Greek

Timothy - Jew/Greek

Bringing it to the top

Any thoughts on this?

last in line

Yes I agree, it does not make any sense!! I pray that they stand back see that see the the error in their belief system.

last in line

Yes I agree, it does not make any sense!! I pray that they stand back see that see the the error in their belief system.

last in line

Don't pray that they "stand back and see the error of their ways", that ain't gonna happen.

Pray that the Holy Spirit grabs ahold of them, out of the Love of God, and kicks them down so hard that they will see the error of their ways to the point of a humbleness and conviction that bring on tears of repentace.

Then and only then will a revival of their faith happen.

I would gladly pay that price now, then the price of being without my God for eternity.

As I stated in another thread, those who believe they are the "new isreal" are in deep trouble

"1 "Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant, In whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," Says the LORD of hosts.

2 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He [is] like a refiner`s fire And like launderer`s soap.

3 He will sit as a refiner and a purifier of silver; He will purify the sons of Levi, And purge them as gold and silver, That they may offer to the LORD An offering in righteousness.

4 "Then the offering of Judah and Jerusalem Will be pleasant to the LORD, As in the days of old, As in former years.

5 And I will come near you for judgment; I will be a swift witness Against sorcerers, Against adulterers, Against perjurers, Against those who exploit wage earners and widows and orphans, And against those who turn away an alien““Because they do not fear Me," Says the LORD of hosts." (Malachi 3:1-5 NKJV)

Turning away "ne-nash" will result in judgement

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 - Paul advises us to not become "unequally yoked". In other words, do not marry a non-Christian. Since there exists other Christians other than Molokans, then this passage doesn't necessarily apply to the case (for example) when a Molokan marries a Lutheran.

1 Corinthians 7:12-14 - Paul says that if you're already in a marriage with a non-believer, so be it. Don't divorce. And verse 14, "For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy." Thus, we as Christians would bring light into the lives of our spouses (non-believing) and our children will be holy. Although, I do agree with Paul in 2 Corinthians 6 when the metaphor "unequally yoked" implies that a believer and non-believer will have two different loads... two different goals in life. Thus, a Christian will not have an easy marriage serving the Lord and serving/leading a non-believer.

Moreover, marriage to a non-believer doesn't constitute not going into heaven. The only requirement that I know is that one must believe in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and to repent of all our sins to become justified.

Oh, and one last, yet obvious fact. There were no Molokans back in Moses' day. So he couldn't have married one. In fact, there were no Christians then either. So the closest to a "nash" that he could have married would have been an Isrealite ("Jew"). But as implied previously, there isn't a passage in the bible that says marrying a "ne nash" is punishable by eternal damnation.

-Tsigan80

turning away "ne-nash" will result in judgement

What if that "ne-nash" (hate that word) was a next door neighbor and with this scripture in mind from Mark 12 KJV

Mar 12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?

Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments [is], Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mar 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this [is] the first commandment.

Mar 12:31 And the second [is] like, [namely] this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Mar 12:32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:

Mar 12:33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love [his] neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Mar 12:34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.

Now What?

last in line

Who truly is "nash"?

What is "nash"?

Depends on what you mean by "nash" .

I would define "nash" as meaning God's, God's own, God's elect, God's chosen, God's Israel. Those whom the Holy Spirit chooses to turn toward God. There are too many definitions of "nash", to just cast out a question like that. We live in a "politically correct" society, and in these days, you have to narrowly define your terms.

If the Holy Spirit does not choose to turn your heart toward God, to accept the Saviour - Jesus the Christ - then, "nash" would be as useless a term as "molokan" or "christian".

Others would define the term "nash" as meaning that you are a follower of Maxim Havrilovich Rudometkin. A member of a cult. A term referring to someone who holds the lies of the book "Spirit & Life" as true. Someone who considers the Bible a lie.

You need to define the term "nash", before you "throw it around"(use it).

Fair enough...

I was using it in it's common understanding among molokans today

I still believe that would mean "not of us" or not molokan

In addition, it would be used as a term of derission by molokans to describe someone who was not of molokan/russian heritage/lineage

I believe that's realistic

Who truly is "nash"?

What is "nash"?

Depends on what you mean by "nash" .

I would define "nash" as meaning God's, God's own, God's elect, God's chosen, God's Israel. Those whom the Holy Spirit chooses to turn toward God. There are too many definitions of "nash", to just cast out a question like that. We live in a "politically correct" society, and in these days, you have to narrowly define your terms.

If the Holy Spirit does not choose to turn your heart toward God, to accept the Saviour - Jesus the Christ - then, "nash" would be as useless a term as "molokan" or "christian".

Others would define the term "nash" as meaning that you are a follower of Maxim Havrilovich Rudometkin. A member of a cult. A term referring to someone who holds the lies of the book "Spirit & Life" as true. Someone who considers the Bible a lie.

You need to define the term "nash", before you "throw it around"(use it).

Fair enough...

I was using it in it's common understanding among molokans today

I still believe that would mean "not of us" or not molokan

In addition, it would be used as a term of derission by molokans to describe someone who was not of molokan/russian heritage/lineage

I believe that's realistic

Ok, you're defining the term "nee-nash". Which would refer to "not ours"(translation). "Ours" meaning those of New Isrealite persuasion, who come from Russian heritage.

We know, historically, that if you're referring to "molokan", then you mean those who are of Russian heritage who protest against the Russian Orthodox (Holy Russian) church, by drinking milk on the church (Russian Orthodox) fasting days. This would mean that they, "molokans", would be members of the Protestant Christian church (being that they "protested" against the Orthodox church).

My feeling is that even though there is a "common" understanding for the term "molokan", it needs to be used in the proper context.

Just because people mis-use a term, or name, is no excuse to continue to mis-use it.

Edited by ligonier

Oh, and one last, yet obvious fact. There were no Molokans back in Moses' day. So he couldn't have married one. In fact, there were no Christians then either. So the closest to a "nash" that he could have married would have been an Isrealite ("Jew"). But as implied previously, there isn't a passage in the bible that says marrying a "ne nash" is punishable by eternal damnation.

-Tsigan80

What was/is a Jew - Hebrew - Isrealite ? Were they different from the other peoples who were around at that time ?

Where did Abraham come from ?

He was just like everyone else around him at that time. Exept that he was chosen by God.

If you accept the salvation that God offers you by accepting Jesus Christ - then you also are chosen by God.

If the Holy Spirit works in you to turn you to the saving grace of God, the sacrifice of the Christ, Jesus, then you are "chosen". You would then be included in God's elect/chosen, Israel. Not the Israel that rejected Christ the Messiah, but rather the Israel that accepted salvation through our saviour Jesus the Christ.

Fair enough, again

I have stated before, it is important to define terms so as to have a productive conversation

I can probably guess, but to clarify, what is your definition of "nash" & ne-nash" based upon your non "new israelite" persuasion?

Also, you initially have a different view of what is a "molokan"

Thanks

Fair enough, again

I have stated before, it is important to define terms so as to have a productive conversation

I can probably guess, but to clarify, what is your definition of "nash" & ne-nash" based upon your non "new israelite" persuasion?

Thanks

You know I'm arguing semantics, but words are important now-a-days because so many abuse words and their meanings.

"Nahsh", means "ours", which would mean other brothers & sisters in Christ. Those whom God has chosen by making a change in our hearts through (by) the Holy Spirit to bring us to accept the saving grace given in Christ Jesus.

"Nee-hahsh" would refer to those whom God has not opened up the hearts of, to this miracle. Those whose hearts are hardened to the grace of God. Whose hearts the Holy Spirit chooses not to open.

I understand that you are trying to make a point by using the gutter definition of "nahsh" & "nee-nahsh" like most New-Israelite "molokans" use. But, it's so offensive to bring ourselves down to that level of mentality. Sorry if I've hijacked the thread.

No problem...

You are the people I want to dialog with, assist and encourage to speak up

The idea that your definition of "Nahsh" means Christian and "ne-nahsh" to mean non-Chrisitian seems to run contrary to the way those terms are used by a large portion of the molokan community today

The thread was started to discuss what is "nahsh" and "ne-nahsh" and their meanings in the light of Scripture and not what they have come to mean in a cultural sense

Group 1 molokans need to stand up for Bible based doctrine and root out heresy including the removal of the SNL