Guest BibleStudent

Homosexual Marriage

Guest BibleStudent

Mr. Seeking, pertaining to the Christian congregation or denomination of which you are a member or attend, now with the edict of the Federal Supremes regarding homosexual marriage, what is your and their stance on this issue? Does not the apostle Paul write: Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, and etc. Rom 13 1-3. So if your congregation refuses the admission or participation or performance of a marriage ceremony of people of the same gender preference, are you not violating the above commandment?

If you can use this passage to justify participation in the military, then why not use it for this issue? After all, is not the the edict of the Federal Supremes the law of the land? Molokans prefer to apply the words of the apostles in Acts 5:29, We must obey God rather than man.

From the genuine Biblical perspective, the subject conduct is an abomination, Romans 1:26-27. And the people promoting it or instituting its legitimacy have no right to change the definition of marriage from that in the Bible. Gen 2:24. And can you be honest and objective for a change. Or is this too volatile a subject to discuss here?

Not too volatile at all

The church we attend and my view on the issue are identical. Homosexual marriage (a.k.a. same-sex marriage) is an affront to God and is contrary to the Bible

Our pastor has already said he'll not be participating in any such ceremony

There are laws that certainly are contrary to God and the Bible

From ***** 3

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego answered and said to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter.
17 "If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king.
18 "But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."

I'm in agreement with their decision.

As to the military or armies, there is plenty of Scriptural basis for such

Here are a couple

David (1 Samuel 17) was a warrior as was Abraham (Genesis 14).

They lead their troops into battle and were honored by God

Any threat to the people of this nation needs to be addressed

If ISIS rolled into the chuch parking lot and began killing brothers and sisters, they would be in for a fight

I would hope you'd agree with that at your church

God established the Law and definite consequences for breaking it

If you believe there should be no armies, what about the police, courts or jails?

Should we do away with all of it?

Having said all that, I'm not of the mindset every military action is just or appropriate

The further away from God our leaders move, so goes their ability to rightly and justly rule

Guest BibleStudent

thank you. Nothing more from me on this issue. All I needed to hear was your consensus to the Biblical attitude.

Uh, no...

I was referring to the civil conversation I had with an adult

Danny & I do not agree doctrinallly BUT, if you come at me the right way, you'll get a straightforward answer

You should try is sometime instead of acting like a troll

We must also remember that currently to serve in the military and to get married in this country is a right and not an obligation.

We are neither forced to serve nor forced to marry.

I willingly chose to serve in the military, and as Seeking Truth mentioned, it is not a sin.

I willingly chose to engage in gay relationships... which I eventually recognized as sin, repented, and have been slowly trusting God to bring healing in that area of my life.

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galations 2:20

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galations 2:20 (Post #8)

AMEN!!!!!!!!!

All things are possible with our great GOD and SAVIOR [for those who believe in HIM] (Matthew 19:26) and you, tsigan80, are a wonderful example of HIS grace, loving kindness, and mercy---may HE continue to strengthen your faith in HIM. Know, beyond a shadow of doubt, that you are standing on THE [sOLID, UNFALTERING/UNWAIVERING, IMMOVABLE] ROCK, WHO will never allow you to fall (Psalm 121:3). No one, repeat, no one can ever snatch you out of HIS [loving] hand (John 10:28). Just KEEP YOUR EYES ON JESUS, WHO is THE TRUTH, and HIS SPIRIT, THE SPIRIT of TRUTH/THE HOLY SPIRIT, will guide you unto all truth [in all of life's situations].

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.