Guest prijun

What Is Truth?

Guest prijun

"Numbers of good brethren in different ways remain in fellowship with those who are undermining the gospel; and they talk of their conduct asthough it were a loving course which the Lord will approve of in the day of his appearing. We cannot understand them. The bounden duty of a true believer towards men who profess to be Christians, and yet deny the Word of the Lord, and reject the fundamentals of the gospel, is to come out from among them. If it be said that efforts should be made to produce reform, we agree with the remark; but when you know that they will be useless, what is the use?

Where the basis of association allows error, and almost invites it, and there is an evident determination not to alter that basis, nothing remains to be done inside, which can be of any radical service. The operation of an evangelical party within can only repress, and, perhaps, conceal, the evil for a time; but meanwhile, sin is committed by the compromise itself, and no permanently good result can follow. To stay in a community which fellowships all beliefs in the hope of setting matters right, is as though Abraham had stayed at Ur, or at Haran, in the hope of converting the household out of which he was called.

Complicity with error will take from the best of men the power to enter any successful protest against it. If any body of believers had errorists among them, but were resolute to deal with them in the name of the Lord, all might come right; but confederacies founded upon the principle that all may enter, whatever views they hold, are based upon disloyalty to the truth of God. If truth is optional, error is justifiable. If some supposed life is to be all, and truth is to be thrust out of doors, then there is room for all except the believer in the doctrines which have been revealed by the Eternal Spirit.

Our present sorrowful protest is not a matter of this man or that, this error or that; but of principle. There either is something essential to a true faithsome truth which is to be believed; or else everything is left to each mans taste. We believe in the first of these opinions, and hence we cannot dream of religious association with those who might on the second theory be acceptable. Those who are of our mind should, at all cost, act upon it. The Lord give them decision, and wean them from all policy and trimming!

Our one sole aim is the preservation and spread of the gospel of our Lord Jesus, and we mourn that godly men should be parties to a system which is destructive of good, and only promotive of error."

- C.H. Spurgeon

Is truth determined by the scripture? What is truth?

5 Every word of God proves true.
He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Proverbs 30

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,
21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1

Guest prijun

5 Every word of God proves true.

He is a shield to all who come to him for protection. Proverbs 30

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3

19 And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts;

20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,

21 for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1

So scripture is the light of God? A light shining in a dark place?

Guest prijun

Notice the phrase "as a" - Metaphor

What about the metaphor;

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him.

8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.

The True Light was not yet in in the world.

And yet King David said, "The law of God is a Lamp unto my feet."

16The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing their way into it.

And John said,"For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ."

How is it that you say the the scriptures are the Light of God and not Jesus Christ who is the Light of Life?

Guest prijun

Pure blither

12 When Jesus heard that John had been put in prison, he withdrew to Galilee.

13 Leaving Nazareth, he went and lived in Capernaum, which was by the lake in the area of Zebulun and Naphtali

14to fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah:

15Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali, the Way of the Sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles

16 the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.

This being prophesied of the Israelites living in the land of Zebulun and Naphtali. That heard the scriptures preached every Sabbath and was part of their everyday life.

And yet,they were living in darkness and under the shadow of death.

What was Christ's purpose if the scriptures were the light and life of men?

Yet another convoluted straw-man argument

Haven't you read?

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
21 "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." John 3

Guest prijun

Haven't you read?

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 "And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 "For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.

21 "But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God." John 3

Define light and darkness as God did.

3 And God said, Let there be light, and there was light.

4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Light as a literal thing such as daylight versus light as a metaphor to contrast good versus evil

Two different things

From the context, men loved darkness DOES NOT mean they were night owls but they preferred evil

Didn't you read the passage?

Guest prijun

Haven't you read?

Christ did not save the world, those living in darkness, but only the sons and daughters of light.

9 I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours.

10 All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them.

14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.a

16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify themb in the truth; your word is truth.

18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

Those living in the light are glorified with and by Christ.

Guest prijun

Light as a literal thing such as daylight versus light as a metaphor to contrast good versus evil

Two different things

From the context, men loved darkness DOES NOT mean they were night owls but they preferred evil

Didn't you read the passage?

When God separated light from darkness, on the first day, there was no daylight.

Guest prijun

Are you not paying attention?

16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3

14 I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

15 I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify themb in the truth; your word is truth.

18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.

19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.

To make it more plain, those who are in the world have celebrated Christmas and are in darkness.

Acknowledging Christ's birth as foretold in Micah 5 lands you in Hell?

I guess if you added a ham "sang-wich" to the mix you're really done for

Wow

Even the passage you cite indicates there are those living on Earth who are part of the world system and those who are not

How does that happen?

Guest prijun

Acknowledging Christ's birth as foretold in Micah 5 lands you in Hell?

I guess if you added a ham "sang-wich" to the mix you're really done for

Wow

Even the passage you cite indicates there are those living on Earth who are part of the world system and those who are not

How does that happen?

Micah 5 is speaking of Zerubabbel who was from the Davidic line. "Whose origins are from old."

He rebuilt the Temple in Jerusalem and the exiles were returned from Babylon.

2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting." Micah 5

Sorry but again you're mishandling Scripture

From the original text, 05769 עולם owlam o-lawm or עלם olam o-lawm means ever lasting or eternal

Zerubabbel was not

By the way even Herod knew where the Messiah was to be born as told to him by the wise men who cited the EXACT same passage in Micah

1 ¶ Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,
2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."
3 When Herod the king heard [this], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:
6 But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel."
7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.
8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also." (Matthew 2:1-8 NKJV)

Seems me you're going for a private or personal interpretation which the Bible specifically speaks against

20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets own understanding,
21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. 2 Peter 1

You can try again if you'd like but it's obvious you do not know what you are talking about

Guest prijun

2 "But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Though you are little among the thousands of Judah, Yet out of you shall come forth to Me The One to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth are from of old, From everlasting." Micah 5 Sorry but again you're mishandling Scripture From the original text, 05769 עולם owlam o-lawm or עלם olam o-lawm means ever lasting or eternal Zerubabbel was not By the way even Herod knew where the Messiah was to be born as told to him by the wise men who cited the EXACT same passage in Micah 1 ¶ Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem,2 saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him."3 When Herod the king heard [this], he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:6 But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel."7 Then Herod, when he had secretly called the wise men, determined from them what time the star appeared.8 And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search carefully for the young Child, and when you have found Him, bring back word to me, that I may come and worship Him also." (Matthew 2:1-8 NKJV) Seems me you're going for a private or personal interpretation which the Bible specifically speaks against 20 Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophets own understanding,21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God. 2 Peter 1 You can try again if you'd like but it's obvious you do not know what you are talking about

As the Prophet said, "I shall tell you of things near and not far off."

Had you lived during the Micah the meaning of the son would be born from Bethlehem would mean that the Temple and the city would rebuilt and the Davidic line re established.

If one does know the things of the past he cannot know the things that are and that will be.

Instead you choose to believe things that will never be. Such as the rebuilding of the temple in present day Jerusalem.

Really?

Why would Herod look to the wise men to tell him about the prophecy to know where the Messiah was?

4 And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born.
5 So they said to him, "In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet:

They cited Micah

Guest prijun

Really?

Why would Herod look to the wise men to tell him about the prophecy to know where the Messiah was?

They cited Micah

Because they did not know the spirit of prophesy. Christ was not in Bethlehem. They only had the scriptures to guild them and not the Spirit.

13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, Rise, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you, for Herod is about to search for the child, to destroy him.

14 And he rose and took the child and his mother by night and departed to Egypt.

15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, Out of Egypt I called my son.

Nonsense

Since all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and Jesus was cetainly born in Bethlehem, you're completely deluded

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Guest prijun

Nonsense

Since all Scripture is given by inspiration of God and Jesus was cetainly born in Bethlehem, you're completely deluded

17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

A man without the Spirit is not made in the image of God. Completely deluded and ill equipped for any good work.

12 Since we have such a hope, we are very bold,

13 not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end.

14 But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant as well as the new, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.

15 Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read as well as any other scripture, a veil lies over their hearts.

16 But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed.

17 Now the Lordd is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

18 And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord,e are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.

Guest prijun

To continue, Micah 5 verse 3

Therefore Israel will be abandoned until the time when she who is in labor bears a son,

and the rest of his brothers return to join the Israelites.

Israel was taken into captivity in Babylon. Until God sent Zerubabbel to rebuild the Temple and the city Jerusalem and set the exiles free to their proper place.

Haggai 2:21

Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah , saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;

(22) And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.

(23) In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the LORD, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the LORD of hosts.

Micah 5:4

He (Zerubabbel) will stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they will live securely, for then his greatness will reach to the ends of the earth.

Guest prijun

To continue, Micah 5

10 In that day, declares the Lord,(the days of Zerubabbel)

I will destroy your horses from among you and demolish your chariots.

11 I will destroy the cities of your land and tear down all your strongholds.

12 I will destroy your witchcraft and you will no longer cast spells.

13 I will destroy your idols and your sacred stones from among you and you will no longer bow down to the work of your hands.

14 I will uproot from among you your Asherah poles when I demolish your cities.

15 I will take vengeance in anger and wrath on the nations that have not obeyed me.

Haggai 2

21 Speak to Zerubbabel, governor of Judah, saying, I will shake the heavens and the earth;

22 And I will overthrow the throne of kingdoms, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdoms of the heathen; and I will overthrow the chariots, and those that ride in them; and the horses and their riders shall come down, every one by the sword of his brother.

23 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my servant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the Lord, and will make thee as a signet: for I have chosen thee, saith the Lord of hosts.

Prophesy fulfilled.

Guest prijun

To continue, Micah 5;

And he (Zerubabbel) will be our peace when the Assyrians invade our land and march through our fortresses.

We will raise against them seven shepherds, even eight commanders,

6 who will rule the land of Assyria with the sword, the land of Nimrod with drawn sword.

He will deliver us from the Assyrians when they invade our land and march across our borders.

The seven commanders.

Zechariah 4

1 And the angel who talked with me came again and woke me, like a man who is awakened out of his sleep.

2 And he said to me, What do you see? I said, I see, and behold, a lampstand all of gold, with a bowl on the top of it, and seven lamps on it, with seven lips on each of the lamps that are on the top of it.

3 And there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.

4 And I said to the angel who talked with me, What are these, my lord?

5 Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, Do you not know what these are? I said, No, my lord.

6 Then he said to me, This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.

7 Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain. And he shall bring forward the top stone amid shouts of Grace, grace to it!

8 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

9The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also complete it. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.

10 For whoever has despised the day of small things shall rejoice, and shall see the plumb line in the hand of Zerubbabel.

These seven are the eyes of the LORD, which range through the whole earth.

11 Then I said to him, What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?

12 And a second time I answered and said to him, What are these two branches of the olive trees, which are beside the two golden pipes from which the golden oila is poured out?

13 He said to me, Do you not know what these are? I said, No, my lord.

14 Then he said, These are the two anointed onesb who stand by the Lord of the whole earth.

Prophesy fulfilled in Zerubabbel and Joshua.

(Post #29)

Completely/totally/wholly---deluded---and once again, confirmation that fourvetta/prijun/maximist is an---unbeliever.

Another example---fourvetta/prijun/maximist's assertion:

Christ did not save the world, those living in darkness, but only the sons and daughters of light. (Post #11)

In the book of Matthew is found the fulfillment of the prophet Isaiah's prophecy concerning JESUS:

“Now when HE heard that John had been arrested, HE withdrew into Galilee. And leaving Nazareth HE went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: 'The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles—the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.' From that time JESUS began to preach, saying, 'Repent, for THE KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at hand.'” (Matthew 4:12-17; cf Isaiah 9:2)

First, notice the phrase from Isaiah 9:2---”the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”

The people who “have seen a great light” obviously were people---dwelling in darkness---as it is written. “A light dawned on” people who were---dwelling in the shadow of death---as it is written.

Now what or WHO is this---LIGHT---that the people dwelling in darkness saw, and that shone on people who were dwelling in the shadow of death?

“In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was with GOD, and THE WORD was GOD. HE was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made through HIM, and without HIM was not any thing made that was made. In HIM was life, and the life was the light of men. THE LIGHT shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from GOD, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about THE LIGHT, that all might believe through HIM. He was not THE LIGHT, but came to bear witness about THE LIGHT. THE TRUE LIGHT, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. HE was in the world, and the world was made through HIM, yet the world did not know HIM. HE came to HIS own, and HIS own people did not receive HIM. But to all who did receive HIM, who believed in HIS name, HE gave the right to become children of GOD, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of GOD. And THE WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen HIS glory, glory as of THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER, full of grace and truth.” (John 1:1-14)

THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD is---THE TRUE LIGHT.

And WHO is THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD?

From Apostle John's testimony above, clearly it is THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER.

And WHO is THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER Apostle John refers to above?

The answer is obvious; it is none other than---JESUS [THE] CHRIST.

So---THE GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT---which the people dwelling in darkness saw, and shone on people dwelling in the shadow of death, is---JESUS [THE] CHRIST aka THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD.

Thus Isaiah's prophecy concerning---JESUS (Isaiah 9:2)---which is quoted in the Matthew text above, refutes fourvetta/prijun/maximist's anti/un-SCRIPTURAL assertion:

Christ did not save the world, those living in darkness, but only the sons and daughters of light. (Post #11)

Contrary to fourvetta/prijun/maximist's statement, it is the---people living in darkness and in the shadow of death---who saw a GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT aka THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD aka JESUS [THE] CHRIST, and on whom HE shone.

In his epistle to his fellow CHRISTians in Ephesus, Apostle Paul confirms Apostle Matthew's testimony of---THE GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT---JESUS [THE] CHRIST---whom the people living in darkness saw and those in the shadow of death on whom HE shone (Matthew 4:12-17 above):

“But all things, when they are reproved, are revealed by THE LIGHT, for everything that reveals is light. Therefore HE says, 'Awake, you who sleep, and arise from the dead, and CHRIST will shine on you.'” (Ephesians 5:13-14)

But unfortunately, like fourvetta/prijun/maximist, it was the pious self-righteous who did not think of and acknowledge themselves as---those living in darkness [and in the shadow of death] aka sinners---in need of a SAVIOR---who missed THE MESSIAH aka JESUS aka THE TRUE LIGHT WHO came into the world to---”save HIS people from their sins” (Matthew 1:21-22) aka those very people who were---dwelling/living in darkness and in the shadow of death.

Also note JESUS' words in the Matthew text above following the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy---

Repent, for THE KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at hand.”

Now why would “sons and daughters of light” need to---repent? Repent of what? If they were [already] sons and daughters of the light, and not---those living in darkness---as fourvetta/prijun/maximist claims, to whom and why would JESUS say---”Repent...”?

It's been reiterated numerous times---fourvetta/prijun/maxmist and his brethren are---lost souls, those who are still living in darkness, blindly groping in the dark, desperately in need of THE SAVIOR, JESUS, THE TRUE LIGHT WHO is GOD (1 John 1:5a), but---refuse---to come to HIM lest they see the truth about themselves and their pitiful condition, are compelled to repent, and turn to HIM and HE heals them.

Too bad, so very sad....

Guest prijun

(Post #29)

Completely/totally/wholly---deluded---and once again, confirmation that fourvetta/prijun/maximist is an---unbeliever.

Another example---fourvetta/prijun/maximist's assertion:

In the book of Matthew is found the fulfillment of the prophet Isaiah's prophecy concerning JESUS: Now when HE heard that John had been arrested, HE withdrew into Galilee. And leaving Nazareth HE went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: 'The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentilesthe people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.' From that time JESUS began to preach, saying, 'Repent, for THE KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at hand.' (Matthew 4:12-17; cf Isaiah 9:2) First, notice the phrase from Isaiah 9:2---the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned. The people who have seen a great light obviously were people---dwelling in darkness---as it is written. A light dawned on people who were---dwelling in the shadow of death---as it is written. Now what or WHO is this---LIGHT---that the people dwelling in darkness saw, and that shone on people who were dwelling in the shadow of death? In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was with GOD, and THE WORD was GOD. HE was in the beginning with GOD. All things were made through HIM, and without HIM was not any thing made that was made. In HIM was life, and the life was the light of men. THE LIGHT shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. There was a man sent from GOD, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about THE LIGHT, that all might believe through HIM. He was not THE LIGHT, but came to bear witness about THE LIGHT. THE TRUE LIGHT, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. HE was in the world, and the world was made through HIM, yet the world did not know HIM. HE came to HIS own, and HIS own people did not receive HIM. But to all who did receive HIM, who believed in HIS name, HE gave the right to become children of GOD, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of GOD. And THE WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen HIS glory, glory as of THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER, full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-14)

THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD is---THE TRUE LIGHT.

And WHO is THE WORD of GOD WHO is GOD?

From Apostle John's testimony above, clearly it is THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER.

And WHO is THE ONLY SON from THE FATHER Apostle John refers to above?

The answer is obvious; it is none other than---JESUS [THE] CHRIST. So---THE GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT---which the people dwelling in darkness saw, and shone on people dwelling in the shadow of death, is---JESUS [THE] CHRIST.

Thus Isaiah's prophecy concerning---JESUS (Isaiah 9:2)---which is quoted in the Matthew text above, refutes fourvetta/prijun/maximist's anti/un-SCRIPTURAL assertion:

Contrary to fourvetta/prijun/maximist's statement, it is the---people living in darkness and in the shadow of death---who saw a GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT aka JESUS [THE] CHRIST, and on whom HE shone.

And unfortunately, like fourvetta/prijun/maximist, it was the pious self-righteous who did not think of and acknowledge themselves as---those living in darkness (and in the shadow of death) aka sinners---in need of a SAVIOR---who missed THE MESSIAH aka JESUS aka THE TRUE LIGHTWHO came into the world to---save HIS people from their sins (Matthew 1:21-22) aka those very people who were---dwelling/living in darkness and in the shadow of death.

Also note JESUS' words in the Matthew text above following the fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy---

Repent, for THE KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at hand.

Now why would sons and daughters of light need to---repent? Repent of what? If they were [already] sons and daughters of the light, and not---those living in darkness---as fourvetta/prijun/maximist claims, to whom and why would JESUS say---Repent...? It's been reiterated numerous times---fourvetta/prijun/maxmist and his brethren are---lost souls, those who are still living in darkness, blindly groping in the dark, desperately in need of THE SAVIOR, JESUS, THE TRUE LIGHT WHO is GOD (1 John 1:5a), but---refuse---to come to HIM lest HE heal them and they see the truth about themselves and their pitiful condition. Too bad, so very sad....

35 So Jesus said to them, The light is among you for a little while longer. Walk while you have the light, lest darkness overtake you. The one who walks in the darkness does not know where he is going.

36 While you have the light, believe in the light, that you may become sons of light.

Guest prijun

The Spirit of Truth is the True Light, the Path and the Way to the Father.

7 Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
8 And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in me; 10concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer; 11concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.

13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

(Post #31)

It would benefit fourvetta/prijun/maximist to hearken unto JESUS' words---John 12:35-36 above---but alas, unfortunately for him and his antagonistic anti/un-SCRIPTURAL thus lost and wayward brethren, the subsequent passages apply:

"When JESUS had said these things, HE departed and hid HIMSELF from them. Though HE had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in HIM, so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: 'LORD, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of THE LORD been revealed?' Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said, 'HE has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.' Isaiah said these things because he saw HIS glory and spoke of HIM." (John 12:36b-41)

Woe unto fourvetta/prijun/maximist and his antagonistic anti/un-SCRIPTURAL thus lost and wayward brethren, for theirs is the kingdom of darkness....

Guest prijun

As is written, "Those who have seen no Prophet will believe in them and though they do not see me with bodily eyes, yet with the spirit they will believe the things I have said."

(Post #31)

It would benefit fourvetta/prijun/maximist to hearken unto JESUS' words---John 12:35-36 above---but alas, unfortunately for him and his antagonistic anti/un-SCRIPTURAL thus lost and wayward brethren, the subsequent passages apply:

"When JESUS had said these things, HE departed and hid HIMSELF from them. Though HE had done so many signs before them, they still did not believe in HIM, so that the word spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: 'LORD, who has believed what he heard from us, and to whom has the arm of THE LORD been revealed?' Therefore they could not believe. For again Isaiah said, 'HE has blinded their eyes and hardened their heart, lest they see with their eyes, and understand with their heart, and turn, and I would heal them.' Isaiah said these things because he saw HIS glory and spoke of HIM." (John 12:36b-41)

Woe unto fourvetta/prijun/maximist and his antagonistic anti/un-SCRIPTURAL thus lost and wayward brethren, for theirs is the kingdom of darkness....

As is written, "Those who have seen no Prophet will believe in them and though they do not see me with bodily eyes, yet with the spirit they will believe the things I have said."

Guest prijun

(Post #31)

Only those who are chosen can see, only the elect can understand. Romans 9

It is not dependent on any seminary study.

I think of proverbs 10:19

Ask a simple question and get a dissertation in nonsense

You asked

Well f/p/m? Are you or are you not indwelt by THE SPIRIT of TRUTH?

and got a non-answer blither from f/p/m

Guest prijun

(Post #31)

39 Jesus said, For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.

Guest prijun

(Post #40)

So which one are you, f/p/m---the blind that will see or the one who sees who will become blind?

The one whose eye is open, hears the words of God, sees the vision of the Almighty but falls down having his eyes uncovered is the one who is blind.

Guest prijun

(Post #42)

REPEAT: So which one are you, f/p/m---the blind that will see or the one who sees who will become blind?

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

And as Paul said, "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

f/p/m,

In post #11, you made the following statement:

Christ did not save the world, those living in darkness, but only the sons and daughters of light.

In post #44, you presented the John 8:12 passage:

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Do you ever STOP and THINK why it is that you can never make---truthful---statements, but always ones that contradict and conflict with THE HOLY SCRIPTURES aka the word(s) of THE LORD GOD WHO is THE TRUTH?

HINT: Because neither---THE TRUTH (John 14:6a) nor HIS SPIRIT [of TRUTH]---is in you.

And because that is your predicament, the best you can do is---guess---a "hit and miss," "shot in the dark" type of belief/faith aka blindness/darkness aka devoid of THE GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT (John 1:1-14). You make erratic statements which are not grounded in THE HOLY SCRIPTURES aka the word(s) of THE LORD GOD WHO is THE TRUTH (e.g., post #11), thinking in your head that your own ideas "sound" like they are "spiritual" (whatever you imagine "spiritual" to be) to you, hence your anti/un-SCRIPTURAL assertions---but when compared to and exposed in the light of the word(s) of THE LORD GOD aka THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, they prove to be nothing more than your own convoluted fabrications aka falsehoods/untruths which is indicative of which "spirit" does indwell, motivate, and guide you---the spirit of delusion.

Sad to say, but as seeking noted (post #29)---deluded---is definitely apropos and applicable in your case....

Guest prijun

f/p/m, In post #11, you made the following statement:

In post #44, you presented the John 8:12 passage:

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

Do you ever STOP and THINK why it is that you can never make---truthful---statements, but always ones that contradict and conflict with THE HOLY SCRIPTURES aka the word(s) of THE LORD GOD WHO is THE TRUTH? HINT: Because neither---THE TRUTH (John 14:6a) nor HIS SPIRIT [of TRUTH]---is in you. And because that is your predicament, the best you can do is---guess---a "hit and miss," "shot in the dark" type of belief/faith aka blindness/darkness aka devoid of THE GREAT LIGHT/THE TRUE LIGHT (John 1:1-14). You make erratic statements that are not grounded in THE HOLY SCRIPTURES aka the word(s) of THE LORD GOD WHO is THE TRUTH (e.g., post #11), thinking in your head that your own ideas "sound" like they are "spiritual" (whatever you imagine "spiritual" to be) to you, hence your anti/un-SCRIPTURAL assertions---but when compared to and exposed in the light of the word(s) of THE LORD GOD aka THE HOLY SCRIPTURES, they prove to be nothing more than your own convoluted fabrications aka falsehoods/untruths which is indicative of which "spirit" does indwell, motivate, and guide you---the spirit of delusion. Sad to say, but as seeking noted (post #29)---deluded---is definitely apropos and applicable in your case....

You sir, preach only the ministry of condemnation. I preach the ministry of reconciliation. The heart of a man is known by what comes out of his mouth as Christ said.

Apostle Paul said;

11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others. What we are is plain to God, and I hope it is also plain to your conscience.

12 We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart.

13 If we are out of our mind, as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.

The new covenant is not known on paper written with ink what you call "The Holy Scriptures."

It is clear to me that Christ Himself is the Word of God and if I should be called "out of my mind", because of that so be it.

Christ said that "I will send you the Spirit of Truth and He shall teach you all things."

To you, this means the scriptures of the new testament which came after Christ. Leaving you still under the ministry of the letters of death and condemnation.

The Spirit of Truth came in the name of the new fiery tongues which we profess. Which Christ himself sent to true believers.

Again known by what we speak.

And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christs ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christs behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Much like the god of the cult of molokanism, f/p/m is lost in deception

“1 ¶ Then this message came to me from the LORD:

2 “Son of man, prophesy against the false prophets of Israel who are inventing their own prophecies. Say to them, ‘Listen to the word of the LORD.

3 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: What sorrow awaits the false prophets who are following their own imaginations and have seen nothing at all!’

4 “O people of Israel, these prophets of yours are like jackals digging in the ruins.

5 They have done nothing to repair the breaks in the walls around the nation. They have not helped it to stand firm in battle on the day of the LORD.

6 Instead, they have told lies and made false predictions. They say, ‘This message is from the LORD,’ even though the LORD never sent them. And yet they expect him to fulfill their prophecies!

7 Can your visions be anything but false if you claim, ‘This message is from the LORD,’ when I have not even spoken to you?

8 “Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because what you say is false and your visions are a lie, I will stand against you, says the Sovereign LORD.

9 I will raise my fist against all the prophets who see false visions and make lying predictions, and they will be banished from the community of Israel. I will blot their names from Israel’s record books, and they will never again set foot in their own land. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD.” (Ezekiel 13:1-9 NLT)

False teachers have been around since the beginning and their end was destruction

They deny Jesus for who He is and there is no remedy for that

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.
2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.
3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.
4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;
5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;
6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 2 Peter 2

Guest prijun

Much like the god of the cult of molokanism, f/p/m is lost in deception

1 ¶ Then this message came to me from the LORD:

2 Son of man, prophesy against the false prophets of Israel who are inventing their own prophecies. Say to them, Listen to the word of the LORD.

3 This is what the Sovereign LORD says: What sorrow awaits the false prophets who are following their own imaginations and have seen nothing at all!

4 O people of Israel, these prophets of yours are like jackals digging in the ruins.

5 They have done nothing to repair the breaks in the walls around the nation. They have not helped it to stand firm in battle on the day of the LORD.

6 Instead, they have told lies and made false predictions. They say, This message is from the LORD, even though the LORD never sent them. And yet they expect him to fulfill their prophecies!

7 Can your visions be anything but false if you claim, This message is from the LORD, when I have not even spoken to you?

8 Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Because what you say is false and your visions are a lie, I will stand against you, says the Sovereign LORD.

9 I will raise my fist against all the prophets who see false visions and make lying predictions, and they will be banished from the community of Israel. I will blot their names from Israels record books, and they will never again set foot in their own land. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD. (Ezekiel 13:1-9 NLT)

False teachers have been around since the beginning and their end was destruction

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction.

2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed.

3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

5 and did not spare the ancient world, but saved Noah, one of eight people, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood on the world of the ungodly;

6 and turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes, condemned them to destruction, making them an example to those who afterward would live ungodly; 2 Peter 2

And yet you wait for Second Coming of the Lord. Again, known by that which a man speaks. Which leaves you outside the ark and in the great city called Sodom and Egypt.

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience,

7 God again set a certain day, calling it Today. This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted:

Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day.

9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God;

10 for anyone who enters Gods rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his.

11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

Guest prijun

The false prophet/teacher will say;

Where is the promise/proof of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.

No fire and brimstone came down from heaven. All the elements of nature are still the same. Wars and rumors of of wars, earthquakes.

Life simply still goes on. You simply missed the boat.

You have ZERO ability to rightly divide Scripture

3 This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory. 2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed 2 Peter 3

Guest prijun

3 This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory. 2 I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.

3 Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed 2 Peter 3

Contrary to what christians believe, one will be taken and one will be left. The one who is left is the one who inherits the earth, as in the example of Noah and Lot.

The kingdom of God is like a dragnet where the clean fish are separated from the unclean. The unclean are thrown out and the clean are kept.

This physical heaven and earth will never be destroyed just as it was not in the past. The air that we breath and the water that we drink is the same. The elements are still the same.

It is the ungodly man that is destroyed.

Guest prijun

Really.

The law of God was given for that very reason.

Starting with simple things like clean and unclean meats.

Is pork a clean or unclean meat?

If you cannot discern rightly in small things, greater things are beyond you.

Guest prijun

What is the Truth?

The question was asked is swine a clean or unclean meat?

The lawless ones will say that the grain and the chaff are one and the same as is written in the memoirs of the fall and depravity of man.

Guest JT New York

I guess prijun didn't learn an important concept in grade school. And that is, when asked a question you are ablidged to give an answer.

Now prijun, do us all a favor and answer the question, "Are you or are you not indwelt by the SPIRIT OF TRUTH? And don't come back at us with another question. Just answer that one simple question

YES. OR. NO would be sufficient. PLEASE. PLEASE

f/p/m,

Having difficulty answering a simple question with respect to whether or not you are indwelt by THE SPIRIT of TRUTH?

Perhaps this question may be easier for you to answer---

When you were born of your biological parents, were you born---sinless/without sin? What does the "spirit" within you say---yes or no?

Guest prijun

7 and not all are children of Abraham because they are his offspring, but Through Isaac shall your offspring be named.

8 This means that it is not the children of the flesh who are the children of God, but the children of the promise are counted as offspring.

9 For this is what the promise said: About this time next year I will return, and Sarah shall have a son.

10 And not only so, but also when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our forefather Isaac,

11 though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad in order that Gods purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls

12 she was told, The older will serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice on Gods part? By no means!

15 For he says to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.

16 So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I might show my power in you, and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

18 So then he has mercy on whomever he wills, and he hardens whomever he wills.

Guest prijun

11But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment.

12 And he said to him, Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

13 Then the king said to the attendants, Bind him hand and foot and cast him into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The one who came in without wedding clothes came into the wedding feast of his own will and exertion. Not by being chosen. He was not even called.

It is not dependent on ones one will or if he sinned or did not, but on Gods own election.

The Spirit of Truth is only for those elect. Not for those in the world.

Still a non-answer

You've been asked two SPECIFIC questions and all you offer up is blither, blather & barf

Well f/p/m? Are you or are you not indwelt by THE SPIRIT of TRUTH?

When you were born of your biological parents, were you born---sinless/without sin? What does the "spirit" within you say---yes or no?

(Posts #59 & #61)

[King] David, a direct biological descendant of Abraham (Matthew 1:1-6), a child of promise, and most certainly chosen, said the following with regard to himself:

“For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight, so that YOU may be justified in YOUR words and blameless in YOUR judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.” (Psalm 51:3-5---ESV)

"For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight; so YOU are right in YOUR verdict and justified when YOUR judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NIV)

"For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against YOU, and YOU alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in YOUR sight. YOU will be proved right in what YOU say, and YOUR judgment against me is just.For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NLT)

Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner?

What does the “spirit” within you say---truth or falsehood?

Guest prijun

(Posts #59 & #61)

[King] David, a direct biological descendant of Abraham (Matthew 1:1-6), a child of promise, and most certainly chosen, said the following with regard to himself: For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight, so that YOU may be justified in YOUR words and blameless in YOUR judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. (Psalm 51:3-5---ESV) "For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight; so YOU are right in YOUR verdict and justified when YOUR judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NIV) "For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against YOU, and YOU alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in YOUR sight. YOU will be proved right in what YOU say, and YOUR judgment against me is just.For I was born a sinneryes, from the moment my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NLT) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner? What does the spirit within you say---yes (right) or no (wrong)?

And yet none of King David sins were counted against him. As He said, "How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered! How blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no deceit."

Sin had nothing to do with him being chosen as King over Israel.

It is to him that God said,

7 I will proclaim the Lords decree: He said to me, You are my son; today I have become your father.

Guest prijun

Abraham did not sin against God. As He said to Isaac;

3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with you and will bless you, for to you and to your offspring I will give all these lands, and I will establish the oath that I swore to Abraham your father.

4 I will multiply your offspring as the stars of heaven and will give to your offspring all these lands. And in your offspring all the nations of the earth shall be blessed,

5 because Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

(Post #64)

Reread post #63---the subject personage is:

[King] David, a direct biological descendant of Abraham (Matthew 1:1-6), a child of promise, and most certainly chosen, who said the following with regard to himself:

“For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight, so that YOU may be justified in YOUR words and blameless in YOUR judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.” (Psalm 51:3-5---ESV)

"For I know my transgressions, and my sin is always before me. Against YOU, YOU only, have I sinned and done what is evil in YOUR sight; so YOU are right in YOUR verdict and justified when YOUR judge. Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NIV)

"For I recognize my rebellion; it haunts me day and night. Against YOU, and YOU alone, have I sinned; I have done what is evil in YOUR sight. YOU will be proved right in what YOU say, and YOUR judgment against me is just.For I was born a sinner—yes, from the moment my mother conceived me." (Psalm 51:3-5---NLT)

And again, the questions are:

1) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner?

2) What does the “spirit” within you say---are [King] David's statements regarding himself being born a---sinner---truth or falsehood?

Guest prijun

Well, f/p/m?

What does the "spirit" within you say---are [King} David's statements regarding his sins and being born a---sinner---truth or falsehood?

Again. Sin had nothing at all to do with David being chosen.

Did Abraham, Isaac or Jacob ever sin? What commandments did they keep being the law of Moses was given 400 years afterward?

Sin under the mosaic law is not counted against those who are chosen. Nullifying the teachings of the Christian church as to the value of repentance.

3 For what does the Scripture say? Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness.

4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

5 And to the one who does not work but believes inb him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

7 Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,

and whose sins are covered;

8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.

You are looking for righteousness from the law of sin and death. Which there is not.

Truth came by Christ and not Moses.

The proof is that Abraham was righteous before the law came and without sin. For which God blessed him and made him the master of paradise.

(Post #68)

The question(s) was not whether [King] David was chosen---we know he was.

The questions are:

1) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner---as he said of himself?

2) What does the “spirit” within you say---are [King] David's statements regarding himself being born a---sinner---truth or falsehood?

Guest prijun

(Post #68)

The question(s) was not whether [King] David was chosen---we know he was. The questions are: 1) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner---as he said of himself? 2) What does the spirit within you say---are [King] David's statements regarding himself being born a---sinner---truth or falsehood?

Again.

Sin has nothing at all to do with Gods election.

Abraham was righteous and no sin was ever counted against him.

Many are called few are chosen.

Those who are left, struggle to find righteousness and cannot.

Moreover, repentance is useless when one has denied God grace.

5 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no root of bitterness springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled;

16 that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal.

17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears

(Posts #68 & #70)

Obviously you keep missing the questions. Perhaps this will help:

The question(s) was not whether [King] David was chosen---we know he was.

***The questions***:

1) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner---as he said of himself?

Guest prijun

In Gods eyes, David was not a sinner but a man after His Own Heart.

Grace is not applied to all but only to those chosen.

There are but a few who find the paths of Righteousness.

(Post #72)

So very true.

It was the visual that was intended, however, the individual's evasiveness continues to solidify the fact/truth that in addition to spiritual deafness, he suffers from spiritual blindness/darkness as well.

Perishing in one's sins is a serious state of affairs and a grave (pun intended) situation to be sure, but that---is f/p/m's choice.

Guest prijun

(Posts #68 & #70)

Obviously you keep missing the questions. Perhaps this will help: The question(s) was not whether [King] David was chosen---we know he was. ***The questions***:

1) Was [King] David right or wrong? Was he born a---sinner---as he said of himself? 2) What does the spirit within you say---are [King] David's statements regarding himself being born a---sinner---truth or falsehood?

Did Jesus sin?