ligonier

Prophet And Television

I was just curious as to how and why would someone say that... " I admire: God my Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ."

and then in the same breath say..." My favorite television show is: Desperate house wives"

This show is one of many that needs to be trashed.

Quote of Prophet's, from the "Ge" thread.

THen you, Prophet, should not own a television. :no:

I was just curious as to how and why would someone say that... " I admire: God my Father in Heaven and his Son Jesus Christ."

and then in the same breath say..." My favorite television show is: Desperate house wives"

THen you, Prophet, should not own a television. :no:

Christains do not need to watch trash shows. :no:

Good "luck" getting a Bible based answer out of him

Like fourvetta, their doctrine changes more often than their minds

When pressed, you will get out of context "scripture" to hopefully placate you and make you go away

Prophet, you are very confusing! What are you? Are you Christian? Are you Molokan? Are you new israel? What are you!?

What did I say that is so confusing?

THen you, Prophet, should not own a television.  :no:

Christains do not need to watch trash shows. :no:

Prophet,

I don't know who you are? and I don't really care to know. I just was following the thread to answer the questions to the fun thread posted by Sadichka that had put it together for all to enjoy. :)

All I can say, you do have nerve. :rolleyes:

I would like to know why you feel that you have the right to assume, judge and attack someone you don't even know or maybe you know?

Is it wrong for me to love God and his Son Jesus Christ? NO!!! And I do love God and Jesus Christ a lot! I don't have to prove anything to you for your own liking.

I answered with the TV show favorite because I do like that TV show plus many other's TV shows, also I find them all entertaining and interesting. I find Desperate Housewives interesting because that is how people behave in real life, and hears an eye opener :o even Molokans are guilty for behaving as such, just like that show. I watch it as a learning purpose, not how to behave as such, but how you shouldn't behave as such. It helps me understand how people think especially in my day job, where I work with all sorts of interesting different people out in the world. It helps me understand how people behave and do what they do. I rather know what's out there then to never know what's out there, and have my eyes closed because that's the Molokan way of doing things, I think not!

Guess what? You're right it is a trash TV show, but that is what TV serves as and not! The Desperate Housewives trash TV show isn't just all about adultery. :no: It's about all sorts of crazy trash scenario's such as murder, suicide, drugs, death, and how a wife that goes nuts taking care of her family because the husband is too lazy to help her out, and she finds relief by taking her childrens (Ritadalin) anti-hyper medication. (It's a soap opera, and life is one too!)

Prophet, because you feel that you have the right to judge and attack me on who I admire and what I watch as a interest in TV shows then you might as well attack all the TV shows I enjoy watching such as Dr Phil, Opera, Extreme Homemaker, Soap Opera's (One Life to Live), Lost, Invasion, Simpsons, NBC news, Primetime, Nightline, and Reality TV shows. I like watching TV and sometimes it may be trash shows, but you have no right to attack or judge me. If you want to get real technical even the computer ca be used for trash.

Like I had said again, "I was just enjoying Sadichka's fun thread that she had put together for all to enjoy." :) If you don't like what I post then don't read it. :D

I am not here to discuss or debate on the TV shows or Television. If you like to discuss on it then you may in the M******** U********** forum (if you are an official M******** U********** member?) because we have already done a thread on TV in there, and it didn't change anyones mind of watching TV, but it served and gave positive imformation from the civil discussion we all had in there.

I don't think, I am condemn to HELL for watching trash TV shows? The only unforgivable sin is Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit for eternity.

Mark 3:29 - but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin" --

Side note: A true prophet never JUDGES or ATTACKS because it's not their place to do so. True Prophets come as HELPERS, HEALERS, and MESSAGENGERS. :) Only FALSE PROPHETS KILL! :angry:

Luke 6:37 - "Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

Russiandoll.

I accept your rebuke with all humbleness, it was a bad choice on my part to butt in.

Certainly judging belongs only to God and we need to see clearly before we can remove the speck from someones eyes.

But how do we interpret what the Word of God teaches us in James 5:20 which says that...

"remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

NIV

Do we help our brothers and sisters in Christ when we see a problem or do we just turn our heads and and say to ourselves "I better not say anything because they might say to me 'judge not lest ye be judged'" or "hey man get the log out of your own eye"

Russiandoll, if you love God and His Son Jesus Christ like you say you do, you should be more vigilant in what you and your family watch.

Russiandoll.

I accept your rebuke with all humbleness, it was a bad choice on my part to butt in.

Certainly judging belongs only to God and we need to see clearly before we can remove the speck from someones eyes.

But how do we interpret what the Word of God teaches us in James 5:20 which says that...

"remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

NIV

Do we help our brothers and sisters in Christ when we see a problem or do we just turn our heads and and say to ourselves "I better not say anything because they might say to me 'judge not lest ye be judged'" or "hey man get the log out of your own eye"

Russiandoll, if you love God and His Son Jesus Christ like you say you do, you should be more vigilant in what you and your family watch.

Prophet,

How does watching TV condemn anyone to HELL?

I can see helping and saving a soul if they partake in the actual sinful act such as adultery or whatever.

Watching television isn't going to make me partake in any sinful such acts. If any sinful acts are partaken that is upon that individual person.

Every time, I hear topics of others ranting about what others watch and how they will throw the TV out because it's the evil box. Well, it's kinda interesting when I see that some that take our beliefs way too far to where they choke and sometimes fall down too hard. You're right we are suppose to be humble in our beliefs and when we ask God to help us in our everyday life.

James 4:6 - But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

I don't see how TV effects on how or who I believe in. I can admire who I want and I rather admire God and Jesus Christ. I don't have to prove that to nobody, but God and Jesus Christ themselves. It seems you're saying I can't do that because I watch TV. Well give me a break because it doesn't send you to HELL to watch TV.

2 Corinthians 12:21 - I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned before and have not repented of the impurity, immorality, and licentiousness which they have practiced.

Well I haven't practiced any of the above and if I had, I would ask God and Jesus Christ to truly forgive me, and when I have ask for God and Jesus Christ's help, I truly really mean it. :)

Entertainment is a touchy subject.

Most humans enjoy entertainment in some form or another. I personally don't know anyone who is excluded from this. Whether it be television, radio, music, literature, live stage performances, on and on. Most of which is not Bible based or scripture inspired.

How can someone who enjoys classical music, for example, condemn someone who watches t.v.? Do you know the "spirit" in which the music was composed? The lifestyle of the composer ? The intent of the composition ?

How then also can you justify questioning someone elses choice of what they watch on t.v., when you yourself watch t.v. ?

An important thing would be to keep entertainment, as entertainment. Not to allow things that are entertainment to become "real-life".

Some forms of entertainment can be useful tools in life. I know families who use dirt-bike riding as a tool to have family "together time". Some would consider dirt bike riding to be "unclean".

Constructive criticism: Are you in a position to give constructive criticism to someone ? Do they know you and respect your opinion? If not, will it be perceived as condemnation, instead of friendly advice ?

Russiandoll.

NIV

Russiandoll,  if you love God and His Son Jesus Christ like you say you do, you should be more vigilant in what you and your family watch.

Prophet,

How does watching TV condemn anyone to HELL?

I can see helping and saving a soul if they partake in the actual sinful act such as adultery or whatever.

Watching television isn't going to make me partake in any sinful such acts. If any sinful acts are partaken that is upon that individual person.

Every time, I hear topics of others ranting about what others watch and how they will throw the TV out because it's the evil box. Well, it's kinda interesting when I see that some that take our beliefs way too far to where they choke and sometimes fall down too hard. You're right we are suppose to be humble in our beliefs and when we ask God to help us in our everyday life.

James 4:6 - But he gives more grace; therefore it says, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

I don't see how TV effects on how or who I believe in. I can admire who I want and I rather admire God and Jesus Christ. I don't have to prove that to nobody, but God and Jesus Christ themselves. It seems you're saying I can't do that because I watch TV. Well give me a break because it doesn't send you to HELL to watch TV.

2 Corinthians 12:21 - I fear that when I come again my God may humble me before you, and I may have to mourn over many of those who sinned before and have not repented of the impurity, immorality, and licentiousness which they have practiced.

Well I haven't practiced any of the above and if I had, I would ask God and Jesus Christ to truly forgive me, and when I have ask for God and Jesus Christ's help, I truly really mean it. :)

Thank you for your thoughts and you made some strong points. I will have to agree with you.

Since I'm walking on thin ice because someone didn't like my smilie humor I won't be able to really express my thoughts any further than I have here.

Thank you for being kind and responding without ridicule.

ligonier, Russiandoll...

Thank you for your thoughts and by making some strong points concerning "watching" what we watch on tv.

Someone didn't like my smiley humor which got me into trouble, so I need to let this discussion run without me.

Prophet,

I accept your appology and forgiven you. :)

I like to say that my pop, and Dzetha taught me that we are born here on earth as flesh (sin), and we all make mistakes and sometimes fall. Sometimes falling is the only way to wake a person up from their mistakes, and gives them a chance to dust themselves off, and get back up, and make it right. After, we admit our mistakes and ask God to forgive for any of our mistakes; then God will give the individual grace. The only time God and Jesus Christ won't forgive is when you diliberately blasemphy's the Holy Spirit and that's the only unforgiveable sin. Jesus Christ came for the sinners to help them to make it right. We all have a chance to have our sins forgiven and get grace. :)

Psalm 101:3 "I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me."

How is this understood by those in the forum. Does God not desire us to walk righteously before him? Not just to avoid committing sin, but to avoid discussing it and avoid watching or being entertained by it? How can we as believers say it is okay to watch some sins and not others? We are becoming as lukewarm as the world around us. We are being hypocritical about what sins are okay to watch and which are not.

Why can we laugh at sodomites dressing up a guy, knowing that they are living an abomination? How can we be entertained by adultery and murder, as long as it's not too graphic? Am I missing something? Or is this the reason that our people, and all christians are not seeing strength in the church? Can you walk down the street, see someone and know he or she belongs to Christ? Rarely.

Asking a question like "How does watching TV condemn anyone to hell" without a response from those who know The Word is shameful. How can someone "keep the entertainment things as entertainment" without letting those things affect their life? It is impossible. The eyes are the window to our soul, let's remember that we are now the temples of the Living God.

All this talk about grace and mercy is true and good, but don't ever use it as a license to sin. Remember that our God is Love, but he is also a just God who hates sin and judged Israel for departing from his ways. We as believers have been made righteous by the Blood of Our Lord. Let us know let God make us righteous in our daily lives. Let us continiue to "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of his good pleasure."

When it comes to attacking the molokan people everyone has a lot to say, but when it comes to true sin, silence. Interesting.

What more do you want said ?

You're previous post was correct. We humans need to work at putting away sin. All sin.

You obviously have the internet. Are you never entertained by what you find on the internet ?

Is what you are entertained by, always clean ?

Not meant to condemn, just meant for pondering.

When it comes to attacking the molokan people everyone has a lot to say, but when it comes to true sin, silence. Interesting.

Dicsiple, you should consider joining the amish! Doh! You wouldn't be able to use your computer though!

I think I would actually like that, though I know it would be hard work. Also the fact that the men cover their heads would hit me sideways.

Soon I will be away from this computer, but until then I am addicted to molokan websites.

Lig, I struggle with the internet, but I don't have it in my home. It is possible to do much research with it, and avoid the sin. With TV it is doing most of the thinking for you, plus there are commercials to deal with. It is difficult for an adult to watch something upbuilding on TV and not get the negative effects of the 'idiot box'. It is impossible to allow children to watch TV and them to be unaffected by it.

Though it can be used for good (nature shows, history, etc...) 99% of the people who watch it, do so for their entertainment. The love of entertainment, and the way we go about getting it is a huge lingering sin in america today. I wanted to bring it up not to cast judgement, but to encourage discussion on a topic that is largely avoided because most people have given in and allowed the TV into their homes, and everything that comes with it.

Watching broadcast TV can be trouble with the junk out there

I have found that instead of flipping channels, I use the DVR box and pre-record exactly what I want to watch and avoid "channel surfing"

Plus, with just a button push, you can fast forward through all of the commercials that might be junk too

Bring it to the top.

Channel 23 By: Michael Pearl

A modern Psalm taken from "The New International Unchristian Perversion."

"The TV is my shepherd, I shall not want anything else. It maketh me to lie down on the sofa. It leadeth me away from the Scripture. It destroys my soul. It leadeth me in the paths of sex and violence for the sponsors sake, Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will enjoy the evil, for blood and sex they excite me. It`s cable and remote they comfort me. It prepares a commercial before me in the presence of my children. It anoints my head with humanism, My coveting runneth over. Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow my family all the days of our lives, and we shall dwell in the house watching TV forever."

But don`t worry parents, as you know the TV doesn`t have any influence on the children of parents who don`t want it to influence them. That`s why the sponsors only advertise products you have already decided to buy.

Pretty funny!

TV doesn't corrupt...Sin and mans sin nature is the problem

TV's like cars are not evil in and of themselves

Just add man with a desire to score some drugs and then that vehicle becomes a tool to use to futher mans bent

For the Christian, TV, cars and even the internet can be useful tools unless you wanna be amish and put away all "fancy things"

Bring it to the top.

Channel 23 By: Michael Pearl

A modern Psalm taken from "The New International Unchristian Perversion."

"The TV is my shepherd, I shall not want anything else. It maketh me to lie down on the sofa. It leadeth me away from the Scripture. It destroys my soul. It leadeth me in the paths of sex and violence for the sponsors sake, Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will enjoy the evil, for blood and sex they excite me. It`s cable and remote they comfort me. It prepares a commercial before me in the presence of my children. It anoints my head with humanism, My coveting runneth over. Surely laziness and ignorance shall follow my family all the days of our lives, and we shall dwell in the house watching TV forever."

But don`t worry parents, as you know the TV doesn`t have any influence on the children of parents who don`t want it to influence them. That`s why the sponsors only advertise products you have already decided to buy.

When you have children, are you going to let them watch the shows you currently watch?

And those of you with children, do you let them watch everything you do? Just curious.

так говорит господ народу его

выйдите из нее

выйдите из вавилонского блудница

имеюшы ухо да слишет что дух говорит церквом

Edited by Disciple

When you have children, are you going to let them watch the shows you currently watch?

And those of you with children, do you let them watch everything you do? Just curious.

так говорит гоÑпод народу его

выйдите из нее

выйдите из вавилонÑкого блудница

имеюшы ухо да Ñлишет что дух говорит церквом

The russian serves what purpose???

And, if the message was given to "The Church", did you share that message with all the Church's nearby?

так говорит господ народу его

выйдите из нее

выйдите из вавилонского блудница

имеюшы ухо да слишет что дух говорит церквом

You monitor what they watch and hear.

You monitor what you watch and hear.

If it is inappropriate, do not watch it or listen to it.

They do listen.

And, yes, children watch everything we do.

How we speak.

What we speak.

How we act.

How we treat each other (spouses).

How we treat others.

Children learn the following (and more) from us:

Morals

Manners

Ethics

Who and what we believe.

Attitudes.

Think about it.

'Disciple' date='Dec 14 2005, 10:00 AM' post='4623'

All this talk about grace and mercy is true and good, but don't ever use it as a license to sin. Remember that our God is Love, but he is also a just God who hates sin and judged Israel for departing from his ways. We as believers have been made righteous by the Blood of Our Lord.

So do you believe that the Molokan Church has already been judged or is the judgement to come for departing from God's ways. Do you agree that for the most part the Molokan Leadership has departed from "His Ways."

lastinline

All this talk about grace and mercy is true and good, but don't ever use it as a license to sin. Remember that our God is Love, but he is also a just God who hates sin and judged Israel for departing from his ways. We as believers have been made righteous by the Blood of Our Lord.

So do you believe that the Molokan Church has already been judged or is the judgement to come for departing from God's ways. Do you agree that for the most part the Molokan Leadership has departed from "His Ways."

lastinline

Yes, through His prophets, The Lord has told us that his judgement is coming. And yes, from the top down we, in general have departed from "His Ways." So we individually need to seek Him out. We need to believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, then His Ways will become our ways.

Some clarity please, yes His prophets in the Bible (His Only Yardstick) tells of His judgments to come for those who choose to disregard His Truths and make their own path to their false salvation, which is true to ALL devotees to the s&l, with it's many heretical teachings. One would only need to go to ANY Molokan church on a regular Sunday morning and find the Judgment that God has already imposed on that congregation, as evidenced by all the benches stacked and gathering dust in the corner. As a dear Brother GoodDay has told us that he watched as Blue Top attendance dwindled to ten people on Sundays. Here in the Valley a large turn-out would be about thirty and in the medical field that might be called brain-dead, but on life-support (maybe).

Agree of disagree?

lastinline (one who knows)

lastinline

Yes, through His prophets, The Lord has told us that his judgement is coming. And yes, from the top down we, in general have departed from "His Ways." So we individually need to seek Him out. We need to believe on Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, then His Ways will become our ways.

Agree of disagree?

Too tough of a question? HMMM

James 4:16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. 17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. NKJV

Иакова 4:16 вы, по Ñвоей надменноÑти, тщеÑлавитеÑÑŒ: вÑÑкое такое тщеÑлавие еÑÑ‚ÑŒ зло. 17 Итак, кто разумеет делать добро и не делает, тому грех.

lastinline (no protection from God's judgement in oregon?)

'Disciple' date='Sep 30 2008, 07:00 PM' post='15845'

So, is this the reason for home churches, to be protected from God's judgement that is coming?

Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy [is] he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. NKJV

Откровение Иоанна 20: 6 БлаРен и ÑвÑÑ‚ имеющий учаÑтие в воÑкреÑении первом: над ними Ñмерть Ð²Ñ‚Ð¾Ñ€Ð°Ñ Ð½Ðµ имеет влаÑти, но они будут ÑвÑщенниками Бога и ХриÑта и будут царÑтвовать Ñ Ðим Ñ‚Ñ‹ÑÑчу лет.

lastinline (where real life begins) :11: