ligonier

What Music Are You Listening To ?

Seeking, checked out Four Shadows Fall, pretty good bluesy music with a good message.

Waiting to hear a sample of the "Poppers" though.....

Waiting to hear a sample of the "Poppers" though.....

I saw them live back in 83 i think, i'm not sure, those years were a blurr.

Edited by poopsqually

Artist : Spooky Tooth

Album : (I don't know)

Song : Self Seeking Man

The name of the album is "You Broke My Heart So I Busted Your Jaw". I still have a copy of this in vinyl.

Thanks coffee, I only have a MP3 version of the song. I'm not going to edit in the album title though, it's too long. ;)

Artist : Believer

Album : Sanity Obscure

Song : Dies Irae (Days of Wrath)

Hey liggie-baby

If you like mp3's and need a down and dirty way to play them in your car

Check out this 29.00 wonder from WalMart

It uses cheap USB thumb drives as memory

Just drag your mp3's to the drive, plug in the player and tune your FM car radio to the right frequency and it works

No more burning CD's for the car

Car MP3 Player

vr3.jpg

Artist : Veni Domine

Album : Material Sanctuary

Song : Behold the Signs

Genre : Progressive Rock / Metal

http://www.venidomine.com/

Don't even bother listening if you don't like electric guitars, operatic style vocals, or Christian lyrics. This is for people who like Queensryche, Dream Theatre, or Fates Warning. And for those with "sensitive" ears, don't bother listening. This is not like Paramaecium (not as heavy or intense) but don't bother listening anyway. Please, I'm not trying to force anything on you. Go listen to Dolly Parton......

Edited by ligonier

tk1, no it is not metal or rap. nothing hash like that. kind of folkish without the country sound. thanksgiving time or when ever i see you next and i have the cd's you can listen. i think you will like.

Don't even bother listening if you don't like electric guitars, operatic style vocals, or Christian lyrics. This is for people who like Queensryche, Dream Theatre, or Fates Warning. And for those with "sensitive" ears, don't bother listening. This is not like Paramaecium (not as heavy or intense) but don't bother listening anyway. Please, I'm not trying to force anything on you. Go listen to Dolly Parton......

The UUMMM Thank you was for this post, Not Big Red's....

Sorry TK1, but after what "bleeding ears" and "me too" posted in the anonymous section, I thought I'd put a -disclaimer- so those with gentle ears wouldn't get offended if they tried listening. I just figured this would be a fun subject/thread, didn't think people would be so touchy about it. :(

Artist : Free

Song : Mouthful of Grass

coffee will have to help out with which album it's on....

Thanks Seeking for the heads up on that MP3 player, gonna have to check it out.

Well, I thought it was funny, but didn't know why you posted that. If they don't like what you listen too, then poo-poo on them. YOur right, they don't have to listen to it. And THANK YOU for clearing that up.

YOu know what someone told me recently? When we talk face to face, we can tell by the tone in ones voice and the body language that some one is offended or if someone is interested in what you are saying. When you type, you can't tell if your offending someone or if someone is really interested in what your typing. You may type something that you think is innocent, but someone else well think it's offensive. We need to take everything here with a grain of salt.

But its true, I will read a post and think "what are they thinking?" Well, I don't know what they are thinking and I have to sit back and "chillax" and remember, hey everyones opinion matters. Don't get so bent out of shape over something I don't agree with.

What do you thinK?

Thank you Tk1. I agree with you. I find myself getting "worked up" and answering back too quickly, too often. It would be better if I would leave it alone for a day or so and come back to it later, with a cool head. B)

I wish I could listen to music at work. Even elevator music would be nice. One time I was on hold, it was music on hold. Anyways, it was over the speaker phone cause I got tired of holding the receiver to my ear. (It had been over 10 minutes that I was on hold) Anyways, the big boss called me into his office and scolded me that "we don't listen to music in this office". I told him it was music on hold, he didn't care. (I am not his favorite) Well, the very next week, his "secretary" was on hold the same way I was when I was scolded, but he did not say a word to her, not a peep!! Well, I felt like sh _ _ !

Artist : Free

Song : Mouthful of Grass

coffee will have to help out with which album it's on....

It is from their second album, which was self-titled as "Free". Isn't this the song that is reminiscent of Gregorian Chant?.

In my years of listening to Molokan singers, there are many better than Bill Prohroff.

To be a quality Molokan singer, you have to inspire, not just wail.

Just because you hit the high notes, doesn't mean you automatically bring inspiration to the listener.

Music is inspirational, just because you like, or respect a person, doesn't mean their music will inspire others.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Bill Brohroff, but he has left many, many people with disturbing thoughts toward him and his prophesies. If Australia was the right place to go to, why isn't he there ? If New Zealand is the right place to go, what was wrong with Australia, and why isn't he in New Zealand? If Oregon was the right place to go, why did he prophesy to go to Australia ? If Turkey (remember the Turkey prophesy ?) , I could go on but. Someone who is a great singer, must have our confidence, not just our ear. It is an important position in our congregation, to inspire one toward service to God.

Actually Bill Pro's voice does it for me. There's something in the sound of his voice, I guess everybody's different.

But along with that if frustrating that he's been a hermit all these years.

Best voice................................Yes

Biggest waste of talent..............Yes

Not to hijack the thread...

Perhaps this could become another topic (hint - hint to admin proletariat people)

True worship music is not for you to like or dislike, rather it's for the Lord

I can't tell you the number of people that say I don't like Christian rock music in Church or they aren't very good singers or whatever

They are supposed to be singing to the Lord and not doing a "performance"

Many of the (how you say) LOUD singers aren't doing it as unto the Lord, rather to be seen and heard by others in the room

"Boy, don't you sing purdy..." is what they are hoping to hear from the people 5 rows in front and from across the street

2 cents

They are supposed to be singing to the Lord and not doing a "performance"

Performance is what sells cd's

Many of the (how you say) LOUD singers aren't doing it as unto the Lord, rather to be seen and heard by others in the room

Oh come, let us sing to the LORD!

Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation. NKJV Ps 95:1

Shouting and raising our voices is scriptural. Heavy metal trash is not.

Artist: Neil Diamond

Album: The Greatist Hits

Song: Thank The Lord For The Nighttime

:lol: And I sure do thank Lord for the Nightime because then I wouldn't get and sleep or rest just having to listen to all the crazy ole people out there. :crazy:

Amen! :)

Good choices LTTBT :122:

Some of those are a little "modern" in sound for me, but those bands do have good messages.

Artist : Deliverance

Album : (Peace by the) River Disturbance

Song : (title track)

Good choices LTTBT :122:

Some of those are a little "modern" in sound for me, but those bands do have good messages.

I've been called alot of things, but modern is not one of them.....

For any Blues fans out there, Jonny Lang just put out an album entitled Turn Around, which probably will not get a lot of air play, but it sure grows on you. It is his first effort at what could be considered a "gospel" recording. From the information that is shared on his web site, http://www.jonnylang########, he and his wife have become Christians, and the lyrics in several of his songs give a strong testimony. Music enthusiasts might remember that Jonny Lang made his entrance onto the Blues scene a few short years ago, when he was only 15 years old.

For any Blues fans out there, Jonny Lang just put out an album entitled Turn Around, which probably will not get a lot of air play, but it sure grows on you. It is his first effort at what could be considered a "gospel" recording. From the information that is shared on his web site, http://www.jonnylang########, he and his wife have become Christians, and the lyrics in several of his songs give a strong testimony. Music enthusiasts might remember that Jonny Lang made his entrance onto the Blues scene a few short years ago, when he was only 15 years old.

I have his first CD. Great voice.

I'll need to check his latest out.

The Pillar tour sarted.....can't wait till they get in town.

Artist : Gov't Mule

Album : Live recording

Song : No Quarter

Just had a thought while I was scrolling down the posts in this thread, It's almost Christmas time ! I love Christmas music. It should be playing in all the stores soon, if it's not already (after all, Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is in the "Christmas season" you know). I guess turkeys and pilgrims don't make for good sales marketing, reindeer and elves are much more market friendly.

:biggrin:

Artist : Mountain

Album : (don't really know, possibly from the career retrospective greatest hits, received from a freind. )

Song : Me and my guitar

A song that my wife and I were listening today, as we celebrated our 32nd Anniversary. My wife tells me that the lyrics are as romantic as they come. I just like the song.

Artist: Paul Rodgers

Album: Now and Live (Double CD....the Now CD is from the studio, and the Live CD is recorded Live, with mostly Free and Bad Company tunes.)

Song: Nights Like This

Good morning!

I am actually not listening to anything right now, but I went to the TSO concert last night and the music is still ringing in my ears!

For all of you who don't know what the TSO is:

The Trans Siberian Orchestra

They are the ones that did the Miller Light commercial with the house and the Christmas lights and they came off and on with the music.

See for yourself, double click on Carson Williams "Wizards in Winter":

http://www.lightorama########/Videos.html

Well, that didn't work :crazy: ....just type in ".com" in place of the "######".

Sada

This Tuesday night My son and I will be watching Pillar live.

My ears are ringing already............

Artist: Not sure

Album: Also not sure

Song: Wonder Pets Theme Song

It is really difficult to get this song or the theme song to Veggie Tales out of my head.

Help me...

:rolleyes:

Artist: Trans Siberian Orchestra

Album: The Lost Christmas Eve

Title: A Mad Russian's Christmas (how fitting!)

I looked at the site sadichka listed and all the equipment necessary is there to make a display like the one in the video

The song that the first video is done to is TSO - "Wizard in Winter" from The Lost Christmas Eve (how fitting!)

The video is here http://www.lightorama **************** com/Videos/WMV-Files/CarsonWilliams-WizardsInWinter.wmv

The whole story about the light display is here http://www.snopes **************** com/photos/arts/xmaslights.asp

I thought the thing was a computer animated sequence, but somebody had way too much time on their hands to create the display

You'll need to replace the "****************" with a period

Good morning!

I am actually not listening to anything right now, but I went to the TSO concert last night and the music is still ringing in my ears!

For all of you who don't know what the TSO is:

The Trans Siberian Orchestra

They are the ones that did the Miller Light commercial with the house and the Christmas lights and they came off and on with the music.

See for yourself, double click on Carson Williams "Wizards in Winter":

http://www.lightorama########/Videos.html

Well, that didn't work :crazy: ....just type in ".com" in place of the "######".

Sada

little koshka Posted Dec 1 2006, 01:14 PM

Artist: Not sure

Album: Also not sure

Song: Wonder Pets Theme Song

It is really difficult to get this song or the theme song to Veggie Tales out of my head.

Help me...

You're on your own there.....

Lalalalalalala - I don't see the words you wrote - lalalalalalalalala - not hearing the tunes mentioned - lalalalalala

:127:

CASTING CROWNS

"Here I Go Again"

See: Journey of a Camp counselor reply