ligonier

Move To Oregon

Just heard of another young couple uprooting themselves and moving to "God's country", beautiful green Oregon.

What's the draw ?

Is it the pretty scenery, or are there other motivating reasons ? Cheap housing ? "Spiritual" reasons ? Just a change of scenery ? California taxes ? Hate L.A. and can't bring onesself to live in the Central Valley ?

I've just noticed that there have been quite a few moving there lately and am curious what the reason is.

I've often wondered why these familes are moving to Oregon. I"ve had the same questions as Ligioner. And what do these familes do for work? I've been to Oregon a few times and yes, IT'S VERY BEAUTIFUL. But I don't think me personally can live there. But what a great place to visit and vacation!

We are friends with some of the recent movers, have been chatting with a few of them recently. Here are some of the reasons I got.

• Pretty Scenery? Yes.
  • Cheap Housing? Yes. For now.
  • Spiritual reasons? Yes. Lot's wife was influenced by living in Sodom and Gomorrah, she loved that evil place so much that she had to look back at it. Imagine how much children are influenced growing up in cities overflowing with sin and indulgence. Plus being taught in schools by humanist teachers because the parents "need" to both work just to maintain the LA lifestyle, or maybe they need to do it just to pay rent. Either way the children are being pushed off onto daycare, babysitters and schools to raise them. Many are getting fed up of the cycle. It is difficult to raise a good Godly family in LA, though not impossible, but definitely difficult.
  • Clean and fresh, it rains sure, but apparently not as much as everyone says.
  • To have some land and raise animals, keeping kids busy by keeping them working.
  • There is plenty of work in Portland and Salem, but I think there are quite a few that work in silvertown, where most of the new ones moved.
That seems to be it, more-or-less in a nutshell.

From what I understand they're just as busy as we are down here trying to make a living. The difference is that they drive home from work with no traffic and it is much more scenic. Also, they don't see the billboards for the stripclubs off the freeway.

What?! More people moved up here?! Anyhow..jobs arn't that bad to come by. I live in Salem..and it's a pretty big city...same as Portland. The position that I am right now pays a lot more up here then when I was in California. True....it's hard to adjust from California life to Oregon life...but I did. I hang out with people when I can...but I like to keep busy by working. Yes there is less traffic then in LA. Everything up here is green! We are expecting some snow in the valley area..which is where I am...well im kinda up in the hills...soo withen a few hours or so there's suppose to be some snow fall...but I'm sure it'll melt as the day goes by. :huh: