Sign in to follow this  
admin2

Experiencing Honor and Dishonor

Here’s an excerpt from Experiencing Honor and Dishonor, Matthias Lohmann’s contribution to the February issue of Tabletalk:

As a fairly new Christian, I was honored for my individual performance as a soccer player. I was very unsure how to respond. I could feel how this honor was feeding my pride, and I knew that pride is sinful. Today, in my vocation as a pastor, the challenge remains. Every Sunday, as I stand at the door after the service, I hear from congregants who walk up to me to praise my sermon. At one point, I decided to think of ways to respond to this in an attempt not to be (or just appear?) prideful. I simply responded by saying, “Yes, it’s a great Bible text,” thus ignoring the honor given in regard to the sermon itself.

Continue reading Experiencing Honor and Dishonor, or begin receiving Tabletalk magazine by signing up for a free 3-month trial.

For a limited time, the new TabletalkMagazine.com allows everyone to browse and read the growing library of back issues, including this month’s issue.

ligonierministriesblog

View the full article

Sign in to follow this