LTTBT

Dictionary

Is there a place to get a few basic Faith words and the definitions?

Like Faith, Justification, Santification, Edification..........?

I am going to start a Bible study and would like the first meeting to be about the words we see and read, what the definitions are, then try to give application.

Here's a pretty good one

International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/isbe/

It had all of the word you were looking for including the word like

faith: In the Old Testament (the King James Version) the word occurs only twice: De 32:20 (`emun); Hab 2:4 (`emunah). In the latter the Revised Version (British and American) places in the margin the alternative rendering, "faithfulness." In the New Testament it is of very frequent occurrence, always representing pistis, with one exception in the King James Version (not the Revised Version (British and American)), Heb 10:23, where it represents elpis, "hope."

ed-i-fi-ka`-shun, ed`-i-fi: The Greek words oikodomeo, "to build," oikodome, "the act of building," are used both literally and figuratively in the New Testament; "edify," "edifying," "edification," are the translation of the King James Version in some 20 passages, all in the figurative sense of the promotion of growth in Christian character. the Revised Version (British and American) in 2Co 10:8; 13:10; Eph 4:12,16; 1Th 5:11 renders "build up," "building up," making the force of the figure clearer to the English reader. In 1Ti 1:4 the Greek text followed by the Revised Version (British and American) has oikonomia, "dispensation," instead of oikodomia, "edifying" (the King James Version).

jus-ti-fi-ka`-shun (tsedheq, verb tsadheq; Septuagint and New Testament dikaioma, dikaiosis, verb dikaioo, "justification" "to justify," in a legal sense, the declaring just or righteous. In Biblical literature, dikaioun, without denying the real righteousness of a person, is used invariably or almost invariably in a declarative or forensic sense. See Simon, HDB, II, 826; Thayer, Grimm, and Cremer under the respective words):

sank-ti-fi-ka`-shun: The root is found in the Old Testament in the Hebrew verb qadhash, in the New Testament in the Greek verb hagoazo. The noun "sanctification" (hagiasmos) does not occur in the Old Testament and is found but 10 times in the New Testament, but the roots noted above appear in a group of important words which are of very frequent occurrence. These words are "holy," "hallow," "hallowed," "holiness," "consecrate," "saint," "sanctify," "sanctification." It must be borne in mind that these words are all translations of the same root, and that therefore no one of them can be treated adequately without reference to the others. All have undergone a certain development. Broadly stated, this has been from the formal, or ritual, to the ethical, and these different meanings must be carefully distinguished.

I. The Formal Sense.

By sanctification is ordinarily meant that hallowing of the Christian believer by which he is freed from sin and enabled to realize the will of God in his life. This is not, however, the first or common meaning in the Scriptures. To sanctify means commonly to make holy, that is, to separate from the world and consecrate to God.

Is there a place to get a few basic Faith words and the definitions?

Like Faith, Justification, Santification, Edification..........?

I am going to start a Bible study and would like the first meeting to be about the words we see and read, what the definitions are, then try to give application.

The best place to go is to the Holy Bible itself. Get a Strong's concordance, and a KJV bible. Let the bible define it's own words, see how they are used in context. The concordance is a wonderful tool, but remember even the definitions in the back of a concordance are sometimes flavored by one's doctrine.

If anyone is looking for Bibles to buy in the case, here is a great site----> Click Here to View Site

This deal for 100 New Testaments for $50 was a great deal I thought. These come in handy to have a few in each car you or a family member drives as you can hand them out to people when witnessing. Click Here for ESV New Testaments!!!!

God Bless!