Sign in to follow this  
little koshka

Lesson 3

The study lists the following reading to be completed before starting the question and answer portion.

Deuteronomy 4:1-9 / Deuteronomy 6:4-9 / Psalms 19:7-14 / 119:11 / 2 Timothy 3:10-17 / Hebrews 4:12

My notes on the above:

Deuteronomy 4:1-9 - Keeping Gods commandments and word. How could anyone with limited wisdom add to or subtract from God's word? To presume or make changes in God's laws assume a position of authority over God.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 - Our God is the only God. The first and greatest commandment is to love God with all of our being (Matthew 22:37-39). This, combined with the command to love our neighbor (Leviticus 19:18) encompasses all the other Old Testament laws.

Matthew 22:37-39 - 37 Jesus replied: Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Leviticus 19:18 - 18 Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.

We are also required to teach our children (or be an example to others) to love God and follow His word. We must be diligent to love Him and see Him in all aspects of life, not just those that are church related.

Psalms 19:7-14- God's word is perfect, trustworthy, right, radiant, pure, and sure.

Psalms 119:11 - Keep God's word in our hearts, so we do not sin against Him.

2 Timothy 3:10-17 - Scripture is God breathed (inspired) and equips those who trust in it for good works. False teachers will not reform on their own. They will go from bad to worse and need to be corrected to true faith in Jesus Christ. God's truth needs to be fought for.

Hebrews 4:12 - The word of God is living and active. Every thing is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to Whom we must give account.

Questions and Answers

1. How has God transmitted His written word to man? Scripture is God breathed or inspired by the Holy Spirit.

2. What did the Lord tell prophets Isaiah and Jeremiah to do? To write the word as an everlasting witness.

3. Who is the Bible written about? The Old Testament and the New Testament are written about Jesus Christ.

4. What did Jesus say about His word? His word is life.

5. Why do we need to know the word of God? To grow spiritually.

6. Who is sent by God to teach us the truth? The Counselor / Holy Spirit.

7. What should we do once we have read the word? Don't just listen or read the word, do what it says. Hear the word of God and obey it.

8. How are we to approach our study of God's word? We must pray for understanding and God's guidance, and apply what we learn to how we conduct our lives.

9. What are some things that will happen if we obey His word? We will know the truth, and the truth will set us free. We will not sin against God. We will be committed to God and His word and be sanctified.

10. Why did the Apostle John say he wrote the Gospel of John? The word was written so that we may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing we have life in His name.

11. Matthew 24:25 - (23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect”if that were possible.) 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.

12. Psalm 119:18 - 18 Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

13. 2 Timothy 3:16 -16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

14. Luke 21:33 - 33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

15. What are some reasons we need to study the Scriptures? To know God's love, promise, word, and to know right from wrong. To continue on God's chosen path.

Romans 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.