4 replies to this topic

#1 seeking_truth_1

seeking_truth_1

Servant

• Uber Member
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

Has anyone ever heard about this

Check out this article from The Louisiana Planter and Sugar Manufacturer dated March 1906

It references a land grant to molokans in exchange for labor

molokan_hawaii.jpg
**********Disclaimer**********
I wish to set forth that I am not molokan bashing
There are the 3 general groups within the molokan community

Group 1 - Christians: 66 Book, Jesus is fully God AND fully man and He is one of the members of the Tri-Hypostasis (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). He physically came to Earth and died on the Cross at Calvary for my sin. I cannot earn my way to Heaven by my works. It is by Grace I have been saved. (Reference Ephesians 2:8-10)
Group 2 - Traditionalists: You "make it" to Heaven through a "hodge-podge" of ceremony, works, lineage etc...This group is propagating a lie
Group 3 - Occultists: The 2 book, we're the "New Israel" because God changed His mind about the "old" Israel, we're of the woman of the seed, we have our "special" way to Heaven by MGR as our "new christ" + ceremony, works, lineage but when asked we cannot explain but will attempt to blame the "ecumenical 666 church" for something. This group is also propagating a lie

I have no doctrinal issues with Group 1. How can I? However, I do STRONGLY suggest anyone who is actively participating in the cult of molokanism to leave. They need to find a Bible teaching Church home and maybe view molokan cult meeting attendance as an outreach ministry. The cult of molokanism CANNOT be Church for the Christian

Traditionalists have replaced Jesus with ceremony, works, lineage etc...

Occultists have replaced Jesus with mgr/S & L

When I speak about molokans, the majority of the time, I'm referring to groups 2 & 3

We're not trying to prove all molokan's Scripturally incorrect rather, we are engaging groups 2 & 3 in the light of Scripture
**********End Disclaimer**********

#2 Disciple

Disciple

Elder

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

Canada, Hawaii, La Mession Mexico; all great choices ... So who was the one that decided on Los Angeles?
Hmm...

#3 msdede

msdede
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (seeking_truth_1 @ Mar 14 2009, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone ever heard about this

Check out this article from The Louisiana Planter and Sugar Manufacturer dated March 1906

It references a land grant to molokans in exchange for labor

Wow! That is a great find in history of the Molokans in Hawaii.
Back in the late 80's when I visited Hawaii and the islands that surround it, coming from
the Honolulu airport and headed towards our motel on the island provided in that article,
I noted, as a car passed our tour van, a couple of bearded men in the front seat and
women dressed in kasinkas in the backseat of their car.
It seemed strange to see this familiar site so I took a photo as the car passed us. Granted
the photo turned out blury because of the movement of both vehicles.
That memory had long faded until I read your article. Upon finishing the article, I had a
flashback of what I had witnessed in 1989.
I had no idea that the Molokans had also gone to Hawaii.

Thank you for posting that article. It was quite interesting "to me".

Sincerely,
MsDede
Oklahoma

Ps. I'm also thrilled that the article next to the Molokan article was about Oklahoma.
That's where I am now.

#4 seeking_truth_1

seeking_truth_1

Servant

• Uber Member
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Would have been SWEET to have acreage in Hawaii!

Group 1 - Christians: 66 Book, Jesus is fully God AND fully man and He is one of the members of the Tri-Hypostasis (Father, Son and Holy Spirit). He physically came to Earth and died on the Cross at Calvary for my sin. I cannot earn my way to Heaven by my works. It is by Grace I have been saved. (Reference Ephesians 2:8-10)
Group 2 - Traditionalists: You "make it" to Heaven through a "hodge-podge" of ceremony, works, lineage etc...This group is propagating a lie
Group 3 - Occultists: The 2 book, we're the "New Israel" because God changed His mind about the "old" Israel, we're of the woman of the seed, we have our "special" way to Heaven by MGR as our "new christ" + ceremony, works, lineage but when asked we cannot explain but will attempt to blame the "ecumenical 666 church" for something. This group is also propagating a lie

I have no doctrinal issues with Group 1. How can I? However, I do STRONGLY suggest anyone who is actively participating in the cult of molokanism to leave. They need to find a Bible teaching Church home and maybe view molokan cult meeting attendance as an outreach ministry. The cult of molokanism CANNOT be Church for the Christian

When I speak about molokans, the majority of the time, I'm referring to groups 2 & 3

We're not trying to prove all molokan's Scripturally incorrect rather, we are engaging groups 2 & 3 in the light of Scripture

#5 seeking_truth_1

seeking_truth_1

Servant

• Uber Member
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

Here's more on the subject

This is from 1906 Hawaiian Gazette

The article is Kapaa Land Settlement (Left side of the page)

molokan_hawaii_article.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © 2017 Your Company Name